SDK API ref pages down much of the time

Seems like whenever I go to the SDK to look up a man page, about half the time it fails with some error. For instance now:

http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man4/xhtml/glVertexAttribPointer.xml

Reveals:

Error loading stylesheet: An XSLT stylesheet does not have an XML mimetype:http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man4/xhtml/mathml.xsl

I don’t know if this is due to the man pages constantly rebuilding or what. But if so could we have the last-built pages published on the web site while the next update builds in the background, and then we just swap it in?

Also, looks like there’s no page for glVertexAttribIPointer.

Thanks.

Works fine here.

Also, looks like there’s no page for glVertexAttribIPointer.

This function is refered to on the same page.

Edit: I wonder, you retrieve the page in a regular webbrowser, right?

[QUOTE=thokra;1237525]Works fine here.

Edit: I wonder, you retrieve the page in a regular webbrowser, right?[/QUOTE]

That’s odd. Still doesn’t work for me. Yep, browser. Firefox 11.0 here. Gotten to from here:

then clicking on the link in the sidebar. Then Right-click “This Frame” -> “Show only this frame” to get a link URL.

Right now, of these:

the only one that works is the latter. And it of course doesn’t speak about IPointer.

This function is refered to on the same page.

Ok. No entry for it here in the sidebar:

which looks like it breaks out all the similar variants (glTexImage1D, glTexImage2D, etc.).

That is odd. All the above works from here. :confused:

which looks like it breaks out all the similar variants (glTexImage1D, glTexImage2D, etc.).

I think the rationale is that you basically still define the same thing only the real data must be of a certain type. For a float array you get the normalization option but that does only alter the values, not the data structure. With the tex image calls, I think you can say that they differ greatly in what they may be used for - i.e. glTexImage2D can be used for regular 2D textures, faces of a cube map, textures inside a 2D array a.s.o. If that’s not what they were going for then I have no idea. :slight_smile:

Not quite an answer, but I imported the 4.x API pages to the GL Wiki, which is still accessible. And doesn’t serve XML pages directly, which may be part of the problem.

If it happens again, I’ll check these out. Thanks.

…now if you could just import the compatibility APIs alongside core that’d be great. :wink: