Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: OpenGL forum upgrade April 25th at 4AM PST

Advanced Member Frequent Contributor
    Yeah, maybe I face similar issues like Alfonse, but I kind of think that "visiting twice" the same topic seems to be a workaround.

Btw, I'm using Chrome.
    Disclaimer: This is my personal profile. Whatever I write here is my personal opinion and none of my statements or speculations are anyhow related to my employer and as such should not be treated as accurate or valid and in no case should those be considered to represent the opinions of my employer.
    Technical Blog: http://www.rastergrid.com/blog/

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by aqnuep
    3. If I reply to a post it marks the post unread, but when I check it, the only new thing is really my own post, which is kind of against logic.
    Yeah, I kinda reported something similar months ago. If you post the most recent answer in a thread, it immediately appears in "New Posts". It true that your post is new, but notifying you about it in that way doesn't make any sense.

Firefox here as well, so since we already got two implementations I guess it's nothing browser specific.

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    I'm currently checking some posts on my Android phone. Obviously the mobile version of the Forum completely disregards code sections, even one-liners. Is that intended or am I missing something?

Senior Member OpenGL Guru Dark Photon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thokra View Post
    I'm currently checking some posts on my Android phone. Obviously the mobile version of the Forum completely disregards code sections, even one-liners. Is that intended or am I missing something?
    Here on my Android tablet (which also defaults to the Mobile style), I see the same problem.

Folks can compare the look of normal vs. mobile on a standard desktop (on a post with a code block) using these links:

* OpenGL Style: http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boa...7121&styleid=1
    * Advanced Mobile Style: http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boa...7121&styleid=3

I just bookmark and use:

* http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boa....php?styleid=1

which gets me straight to the normal desktop profile. That's fine for my 10.1" tablet, but probably not a phone.
    Last edited by Dark Photon; 01-16-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    Using the full site, it's working as expected. I just figured if we have a mobile optimized version, it should not lose information. If you want to view a complete post on the full site, you have to slide across the page a lot if want a readable size.

EDIT: I just noticed, reading posts on the mobile site seems to not mark them as read when checking new posts using the full site again. Just did so on a desktop machine and already read posts were still marked unread.
    Last edited by thokra; 01-17-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Advanced Member Frequent Contributor
    EDIT: I just noticed, reading posts on the mobile site seems to not mark them as read when checking new posts using the full site again. Just did so on a desktop machine and already read posts were still marked unread.
    That's exactly what disturbs me the most.
    Disclaimer: This is my personal profile. Whatever I write here is my personal opinion and none of my statements or speculations are anyhow related to my employer and as such should not be treated as accurate or valid and in no case should those be considered to represent the opinions of my employer.
    Technical Blog: http://www.rastergrid.com/blog/

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    Not exactly the best place, but there maybe some information that might need to merged into the forum posting guidelines. For instance, code highlighting can be added to the code formatting section.

Administrator Regular Contributor Khronos_webmaster's Avatar
    Are you logged in when viewing the mobile site? If so, this is most likely a bug which I'll report.
    Webmaster Khronos.org and OpenGL.org

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse Reinheart View Post
    I get problems like that. It's more that it seems like there's a lengthy delay between when you read a thread and when the forum decides you've read it. Something like several hours have to pass before a thread or forum is marked as "read" for you.

I'm using Firefox, FYI.

This could be due to the way the new cache works. We are heavily caching the forums so we can keep up to the traffic. I'm going to investigate this a bit more to see if we can fix this.

It's a bug in our mobile theme. I'm looking for the solution today.