Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenGL forum upgrade April 25th at 4AM PST

Why is it when we try to report spam, we get this: This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between reporting posts. Please try again in 42 seconds.
    That seems rather silly, spammers can post at will, and yet people who try to report spam, must wait 60 secs. before they can do so...

Administrator Regular Contributor Khronos_webmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GLpeon View Post
    Why is it when we try to report spam, we get this: This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between reporting posts. Please try again in 42 seconds.
    That seems rather silly, spammers can post at will, and yet people who try to report spam, must wait 60 secs. before they can do so...

Hi GLpeon,

I did get your reports and have removed the spam. As for the 60 seconds, we set that as a wait time for posting and private messages. Seems it also affects the spam reporting. We're actively working on a solution to minimize spam. I'll see if there is a way to upgrade long term users with many good posts to a better permission category automatically. This would resolve the issue you are having. No guarantees though
    Webmaster Khronos.org and OpenGL.org

Senior Member OpenGL Guru Dark Photon's Avatar
    Thank you!

Also, can we disable the 5000 character limit for PMs? I know several of us have hit this recently.

Super Moderator OpenGL Lord
    The amount of spam is incredible these times.

What about a panel for moderators / long time posters that lists recent messages posted by new accounts, up to the 5 first messages per account ? With an easy button "spam : delete all messages from user and ban for life" ?

Or forbidding any link of images for new users, be it in signature, PM, post, unless the account have been approved by a moderator / long time poster ?
    Last edited by ZbuffeR; 07-16-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    Looking at my subscriptions, I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to select/delete all subscriptions. The button "View all subscriptions" simply jumps back to the first page. Selecting all thread can't be done with a single function and not being able to show all threads forces me do delete all threads page by page. Can we fix this?

Also, somehow I don't receive notifications anymore. The subscription count was 94 and multiple replies which really should have launched an email didn't. I'm waiting for something to happen to confirm that the number of subscriptions is somehow responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by thokra View Post
    Looking at my subscriptions, I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to select/delete all subscriptions. The button "View all subscriptions" simply jumps back to the first page. Selecting all thread can't be done with a single function and not being able to show all threads forces me do delete all threads page by page. Can we fix this?
    As of now there is no way to change the number of subscriptions listed on a single page. Current setting is 25 subscriptions to a page.

Quote Originally Posted by thokra View Post
    Also, somehow I don't receive notifications anymore. The subscription count was 94 and multiple replies which really should have launched an email didn't. I'm waiting for something to happen to confirm that the number of subscriptions is somehow responsible.
    Perhaps a silly question, but are the subscriptions going to your spam folder? Asking as our mailserver logs show several subscription notices going out successfully to your email address on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Photon View Post
    Also, can we disable the 5000 character limit for PMs? I know several of us have hit this recently.
    I've removed the limit.

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    Perhaps a silly question, but are the subscriptions going to your spam folder?
    Turns out it worked all the time - the damn GMX web interface actually screwed up. Sorry for the false alarm.

Another thing I noticed: When you post in some thread and your post is the last one, you'll see it in "New Posts". This isn't really necessary since I assume one knows what they have just posted.

I also notices some issues when editing text, especially when copying something with a different format into the editor. I'll try to reproduce something.

Edit: Regarding the "New Posts" issue, the thread will be marked "read" which is contradictory as well. BTW, thanks for removing the 5000 char limit.

Thanks.

(more text just to get past min post len...)