Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenGL forum upgrade April 25th at 4AM PST

Administrator Regular Contributor Khronos_webmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Photon View Post
    Further playing with this "Advanced Search" link issue reveals that in the problem cases, the "Advanced Search" link is really there, but it is rendering white-on-white.
    Can you post a screen shot showing the white on white? The bar is blue behind the Advanced Search, so I want to better understand what is going off here. Presumably a font size, font face, or something slightly different on your machine is causing the page to render a bit differently.

Thanks.
    Webmaster Khronos.org and OpenGL.org

Code :
    Flipping to the "OpenGL Dark Style" skin displays the "Advanced Search" link for the above problem cases. Incidentially, I'd probably be using the dark style, but the "code" blocks are still white-on-white and thus unreadable. Would appreciate a tweak there.

Fixing the Dark Style Code blocks.

Advanced Member Frequent Contributor
    Why did you change back the design of the icons to how it was at the launch of this new forum? This version makes it so difficult to differentiate already visited forums/posts.
    Disclaimer: This is my personal profile. Whatever I write here is my personal opinion and none of my statements or speculations are anyhow related to my employer and as such should not be treated as accurate or valid and in no case should those be considered to represent the opinions of my employer.
    Technical Blog: http://www.rastergrid.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by aqnuep View Post
    Why did you change back the design of the icons to how it was at the launch of this new forum? This version makes it so difficult to differentiate already visited forums/posts.
    We didn't do it intentionally. We just upgraded the forums and missed moving the icons right away. Our upgrade script now includes keeping the old icons. Just a menu issue to resolve in the templates. Tonight we will rebuild the search indexes ... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khronos_webmaster View Post
    We didn't do it intentionally. We just upgraded the forums and missed moving the icons right away. Our upgrade script now includes keeping the old icons. Just a menu issue to resolve in the templates. Tonight we will rebuild the search indexes ... again.
    Thank you, it's working again
    Disclaimer: This is my personal profile. Whatever I write here is my personal opinion and none of my statements or speculations are anyhow related to my employer and as such should not be treated as accurate or valid and in no case should those be considered to represent the opinions of my employer.

Senior Member OpenGL Guru Dark Photon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khronos_webmaster View Post
    Can you post a screen shot showing the white on white? The bar is blue behind the Advanced Search, so I want to better understand what is going off here. Presumably a font size, font face, or something slightly different on your machine is causing the page to render a bit differently.
    Sure thing (attached). Here on Firefox 12.0, the Advanced Search isn't where you describe. So I wonder if there's some CSS, Javascript, or other mechanism that's kicking in differently for me than for you.

The first image is what I see on this forum post in the upper-right corner. In the second image, I've selected the 'hidden" Advanced Search text with the mouse and captured another screenshot. So you can see it's there. It's just not a readable color (for where it's placed).

BTW, just noticed that the VBulletin image attachment uploader has a max size of 620x280 for an image (my first time trying VB attachments). Otherwise it apparently shrinks whatever size you give it way down (to that size presumably and converts to JPEG. So I've cropped the images to <= that size so VB doesn't mess with them. Click twice on each image to see the correct image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opengl_forums1_crop.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opengl_forums2_crop.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	773  
    Last edited by Dark Photon; 06-15-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Is there a way to change my signature? It seems that I cannot, at least I didn't find any way. Does anybody have the same issue?

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    @aqnuep: "Settings"(between "My Profile" and "Logout") -> "My Settings" -> "Edit Signature"

I have to admit, the separation between "My Profile" where you can edit some stuff "About me" and "Settings" where you essentially do all the rest is quite confusing.

Thank you very much! I was confused about this separation too.

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    Is there any way to prevent this bombardment of spam messages? Is the current version of vBulletin so susceptible to this stuff? The old board didn't have this problem IIRC.