Hello,

After many weeks of preparation and testing, and with lots of help from some of our OpenGL moderators, we will be upgrading the OpenGL forums.

Once the upgrade is complete, the OpenGL forums will be running on vBulletin. We have put a lot of research and effort into ensuring we've made the best choice for the OpenGL community as a whole.

Due to the amount of data we are moving, the forums will need to be offline for several hours during the upgrade and post upgrade testing. We have taken special care to ensure that all old links to posts will continue to work and that no information will be lost. As well, the new forums will feature a cleaner, easier to use layout, and a mobile theme for smartphones.

Please note: On the new forums, there is no longer a distinction between username and display name. We had to make a tough decision on which one to keep. In the end, it made the most sense to keep the display name, since that is what everyone knows you by, and what the forum quotes refer too. Therefore, when you login to the new forums, you will be using your current display name as your username. For example, my current username is khronos23, and my current display name is 'Khronos Webmaster'. When I login to the new forums, I will be logging in with 'Khronos Webmaster' as my username, and my current password will continue to work.

We've scheduled the upgrade for Wedensday April 25th at 4AM PST.

We thank you in advance for your patience during this transition.