Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenGL forum upgrade April 25th at 4AM PST

Senior Member OpenGL Guru Dark Photon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khronos_webmaster View Post
    We have an option to change the way the "read" posts is handled. Right now we are on the default method which is not considered great. I've no idea exactly what will happen with peoples "read" posts will change to, but I don't think it will be devestating. What do you think, should I give it a whirl? Can it be worse than now?
    Sure. Worth a shot.

Senior Member OpenGL Pro Aleksandar's Avatar
    I have a problem to post anything from Opera Mobile (ver.12 on Android 2.3.5). Standard styles does not set focus on the edit control. A mobile style allows adding text, but pressing the button to add the post actually does nothing. Please, could anyone check whether it is a problem with the script execution or my version of Opera Mobile?

It seems like there used to be an "Advanced Search" text link up in the forum title bar that you could Ctrl-Click and get a search page in another tab. Now there's this magnifying glass icon (form button) that Ctrl-Click doesn't work for. It always opens up the search page in the same tab.

Could we get something that's just a standard URL link to the search page back? I typically want to do a search to do "research" from the thread I'm currently viewing, and I don't want to navigate away from that page in the same tab.

I can work around it, by Ctrl-Clicking the Forum tab to get a new tab for the GL forums, and then hit the search button in it, so this isn't a huge deal. But if the change is simple, please do.

Thanks.

And I'm seeing continuing problems with Search. If I search for posts in the last month by me (trying to provide help to a recent post that's essentially the same request as one a few weeks back), I get only 3 hits. There's been quite a few more than that.

On the other hand, remembering a parallel feature under the user profile (View recent posts), it can find all of them.

What's going on there?

Administrator Regular Contributor Khronos_webmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Photon View Post
    It seems like there used to be an "Advanced Search" text link up in the forum title bar that you could Ctrl-Click and get a search page in another tab. Now there's this magnifying glass icon (form button) that Ctrl-Click doesn't work for. It always opens up the search page in the same tab.

Could we get something that's just a standard URL link to the search page back? I typically want to do a search to do "research" from the thread I'm currently viewing, and I don't want to navigate away from that page in the same tab.

I can work around it, by Ctrl-Clicking the Forum tab to get a new tab for the GL forums, and then hit the search button in it, so this isn't a huge deal. But if the change is simple, please do.

Thanks.
    I see an advanced search:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-06 at 10.47.02 AM.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	753

Do you not see that? If not, what theme are you on, logged in or out, and what browser and OS.

Thanks.
    Webmaster Khronos.org and OpenGL.org

Administrator Regular Contributor Khronos_webmaster's Avatar
    Still working on the search issues.
    Webmaster Khronos.org and OpenGL.org

Quote Originally Posted by Khronos_webmaster View Post
    I see an advanced search: Do you not see that?
    Wow! That's odd!

Whether the "Advanced Search" link appears seems to be context sensitive (in a non-intuitive way).

I see it right now on this thread while reading.
    But if I go into reply mode, it doesn't appear.
    And after I reply and go back to reading mode, it doesn't appear.
    Further, if I go here to this thread Multisampled-FBO-problem to read, it also doesn't appear.
    And I don't see it on pages displaying a forum's thread index (rather than a specific thread).

This is with on the "OpenGL Style" skin, when logged in, with Firefox 13.0 (Linux).

Flipping to the "OpenGL Dark Style" skin displays the "Advanced Search" link for the above problem cases. Incidentially, I'd probably be using the dark style, but the "code" blocks are still white-on-white and thus unreadable. Would appreciate a tweak there.

Further playing with this "Advanced Search" link issue reveals that in the problem cases, the "Advanced Search" link is really there, but it is rendering white-on-white.
    Last edited by Dark Photon; 06-07-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Senior Member OpenGL Guru
    I followed your link, and I see the Advanced Search link just fine. I think this may be a local problem; what browser are you using? I'm on FF13. Also, are you blocking some JavaScript?

Super Moderator OpenGL Lord
    Centos5, FF12 I do always see the advanced search.
    Dark Photon, try clearing your browser cache.

Clearing the cache didn't fix it.