Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenGL forum upgrade April 25th at 4AM PST

Senior Member OpenGL Guru
    Speaking of inconsistencies, I noted that the "Forum: User Hardware, Software, & Gaming Help" sub-forum is always sorted by default from first post to last (so the first post is from 2000). I'm guessing there's some setting that flipped there.

Senior Member OpenGL Guru Dark Photon's Avatar
    And on that note, when you re-sort via the controls at the bottom of the forum, you lose your "read/unread" icons (color vs. not) -- everything becomes read. That's not helpful.

Still having problems with search. If I search All Types, for keyword bindless, by Dark Photon, I get 2 hits (actually had a need to do this search this morning). I know there's more than that.

Also, it really slows up finding content in the archives with searches matching whole threads (which may have 5 pages of postings) instead of individual posts (like the old forums; was easy to find things with its search). I'm getting so I give up and use google to try and find the posts instead.

Administrator Regular Contributor Khronos_webmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kowal View Post
    Search works as it should (for me), but there is another issue:

Subforums show only posts after upgrade, for example advanced subforum has over 16k threads,
    but I can only access 35 of them (rest is searchable but not browsable).
    At the bottom you can choose to view more posts. If I view all posts, I see 654 pages of posts.
    Webmaster Khronos.org and OpenGL.org

Could you add the auto-skip to "new post" feature on opening a thread to the mobile profile too?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Photon View Post
    Could you add the auto-skip to "new post" feature on opening a thread to the mobile profile too?
    Made this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse Reinheart View Post
    Speaking of inconsistencies, I noted that the "Forum: User Hardware, Software, & Gaming Help" sub-forum is always sorted by default from first post to last (so the first post is from 2000). I'm guessing there's some setting that flipped there.
    Fixed this issue. Also extended the forum to show posts from 1 month as it appeared to default to show posts from last day.

And on that note, when you re-sort via the controls at the bottom of the forum, you lose your "read/unread" icons (color vs. not) -- everything becomes read. That's not helpful.
    We have an option to change the way the "read" posts is handled. Right now we are on the default method which is not considered great. I've no idea exactly what will happen with peoples "read" posts will change to, but I don't think it will be devestating. What do you think, should I give it a whirl? Can it be worse than now?

Thanks for working on search. I think there might still be some gremlins though. If I do an Advanced Search for posts by me, sorted in descending order by date (which I sometimes do to see if I need to follow up to some threads I've posted in), I don't get any posts after 11/9/11, there's only ~18 for 2011, and ~10 for 2010. Pretty sure I posted a lot more than that.

However, if I go to my profile and click the "Find Lastest Posts", then I get a list which includes posts I just made today.

Seems searching with entering in a user name, it will only show posts that were started by that author. Will look for a solution.

> Could you add the auto-skip to "new post" feature on opening a thread to the mobile profile too?
    Made this change.
    Thank you!