Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenGL forum upgrade April 25th at 4AM PST

Senior Member OpenGL Guru Dark Photon's Avatar
    Can we stop the forums from auto-logging you out so fast? Seems like I can't get interrupted to do anything else while reading them, or it logs me out and resets everything to a "read" state for next time.

Something like 30-60 minutes would be good instead of 5 min (or whatever it is), and user control would be better. Thanks.

Administrator Regular Contributor Khronos_webmaster's Avatar
    goto new post: Ha, I only added it to the Dark Style! I'll get it on the light style too.

Logout: Do you get logged out even if you check the "Remember me" box when logging in?
    Webmaster Khronos.org and OpenGL.org

Fixed logout issue, I think. It was 15 minutes and is now 1 hour.

OpenGL Light style now has the goto_newpost feature on the thread titles. Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

I hadn't checked the Remember me box. Don't really know what it's for (is that for if you never want to log out, or if you want it to auto-log you in whenever you visit after logging out?). I visit from different boxes/IPs periodically so remember me probably isn't the best option for me.

Thanks for bumping the timeout, and for the new post feature! The latter worked great on the threads I've opened thus far.

Advanced Member Frequent Contributor
    Did the search index get.. fixed? For example, atleast for me, doing a search under bindless does not yield much...

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    Khronos_webmaster: Is there a function to directly access your subscriptions? I know you can go and see your PMs over Notifications but something like direct access to subscriptions would also be nice.

Dark Photon: Remember Me is to have you auto logged in. But, the extended cookie length should suffice for your needs.

kRogue: I believe we now have the search index working as it should. Please test when you get a chance. I searched bindless and found many results dating way back.

Junior Member Regular Contributor
    Search works as it should (for me), but there is another issue:

Subforums show only posts after upgrade, for example advanced subforum has over 16k threads,
    but I can only access 35 of them (rest is searchable but not browsable).

Thanks for working on search. I think there might still be some gremlins though. If I do an Advanced Search for posts by me, sorted in descending order by date (which I sometimes do to see if I need to follow up to some threads I've posted in), I don't get any posts after 11/9/11, there's only ~18 for 2011, and ~10 for 2010. Pretty sure I posted a lot more than that.

However, if I go to my profile and click the "Find Lastest Posts", then I get a list which includes posts I just made today.

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    Just discovered a minor inconsistency. If you go to some thread via the link in the "Last Post" column and then go back to the forum's main page using the "Forum" button next to "What's New?" the status of the sub-forum where the last post is in isn't marked read even if no further threads in the subforum are unread. This can be repeated multiple times with no effect. If, however, one goes to the sub-forum via the sub-forum's direct link it's updated correctly.

It also doesn't set the status correctly if you go back via the hierarchical chain, e.g. Forum->DEVELOPERS->Suggestions for the next release of OpenGL->glVertexAttribIPointer.

Also, a sub-forum is marked unread if you post something yourself which doesn't make much sense.