Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Thread: tutorial building for "Learning Modern 3D Graphics

Hybrid View

Junior Member Newbie

tutorial building for "Learning Modern 3D Graphics

The excellent online book "Learning Modern 3D Graphics Programming" by J.L.McKesson.
    Could someone post a step by step outline (with code) of the procedure to build one of the tutorials ? (If I see one done I'm pretty sure I can do the remainder).
    Thankyou in advance for any assistance.

Senior Member OpenGL Guru

Re: tutorial building for "Learning Modern 3D Graphics

It already has one. If that is insufficient, then can you suggest what information is missing?

Junior Member Newbie

Yes indeed. I have followed those directions using premake4 and have all the cpp files ready for build. When I put them in a project in code blocks they don't compile correctly which I'm sure is my fault. I was hoping that someone with more experience could actually go through the procedure step by step so that I could see how to do it correctly. Someone may even have an example already that they could show me. I really want to get these tutorials working so that I can continue my learning in graphics programming.
    Thankyou.

When I put them in a project in code blocks they don't compile correctly which I'm sure is my fault.
    Were there errors? What were those errors?

I was hoping that someone with more experience could actually go through the procedure step by step so that I could see how to do it correctly.
    Again, what part of the procedure did I omit? In what way was it not step-by-step? At which part of the procedure did you encounter an error?

Junior Member Newbie

Sorry to have bothered you. I have only one more question. How do I cancel my registration to this site ?

Sorry to have bothered you.
    Bothered? I'm trying to find out information about what it is that you're unable to do. I'm trying to help you, but to do that, you need to answer my questions.