I'm experiencing a difficult problem on certain ATI cards (Radeon X1650, X1550 + and others).
The message is: "Access violation at address 6959DD46 in module 'atioglxx.dll'. Read of address 00000000"
In this case it was tested on Radeon X1650 Series (driver 8.593.100.0).
It happens on this line:
- Latest graphics drivers are installed.
- It works perfect on other cards.
Here is what I've tried so far (with assertions in the code):
It passes all those test and then still fails with the message.
- That the pointer P is valid and allocated enough memory to hold the image
- Texturing is enabled: glIsEnabled(GL_TEXTURE_2D)
- Test that the currently binded texture is the one I expect: glGetIntegerv(GL_TEXTURE_2D_BINDING)
- Test that the currently binded texture has the dimensions I expect: glGetTexLevelParameteriv( GL_TEXTURE_WIDTH / HEIGHT )
- Test that no errors have been reported: glGetError
I feel I've tried everything and have no more ideas.
Is this a driver bug? I can provide a link to an exe-file that produces the error if anyone wants to test.