NVIDIA 190.18.04 drivers using geometry shaders

I noticed the recent release of the nvidia beta drivers supporting opengl 3.2 (190.18.04) no longer says that geometry shaders had to be accessed through extensions when using opengl 3.2, so I thought I’d give them a try. I am having an issue with them however. When using glShaderSource to load the geometry source into the geometry shader object, it seems to cause my other shaders to stop working. I don’t even need to compile or attach the geometry shader for it to cause this problem. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Perhaps I should rephrase my question a bit. Has anyone got geometry shaders to work with an opengl 3.2 context on nvidia hardware, not using extensions?

Yes.

Thank you for your response. Now that I know the problem doesn’t exist in the driver, it must be my code.

• Be sure to use gl_in[] rather than gl_PositionIn[] and friends from the extension spec.
  • Define your input/output sizes (e.g. layout(points) in; layout(triangle_strip, max_vertices = 4) out)

GLSL section of the quick ref card is awfully handy here…
http://www.khronos.org/files/opengl-quick-reference-card.pdf

Thanks for the hints. I got it all figured out. I was using more VBOs than I had allocated and as a side effect was causing me these issues. Got the tutorial posted up on the wiki if anyone’s interested.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.