Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Official feedback on OpenGL 3.2 thread

Junior Member Newbie

Re: Official feedback on OpenGL 3.2 thread

Does anyone know if ATI will keep supporting Opengl 1.x/2.x drivers? I know that this is the case for nvidia
    Rami

Member Regular Contributor

Ati tends to avoid announcing future plans, but I consider it highly, highly unlikely that they will ever stop supporting OpenGL 1.x / 2.x.

Obviously, I cannot speak for Ati and this is just a personal opinion, so take that as you will. However, Ati's commercial customers are *all* using OpenGL 1.x / 2.x right now - I consider that as good a guarantee as any.
    [The Open Toolkit library: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenAL 1.1 for Mono/.Net]

Senior Member OpenGL Guru

The wglenumext.spec file is missing enumerators (and the definition of the extension itself) for WGL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB.

Member Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse Reinheart
    The wglenumext.spec file is missing enumerators (and the definition of the extension itself) for WGL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB.
    Confirmed and logged as bug #210. This also affects glxenumext.spec.

On a related note, the issues from the previous page (#195 and #201) were marked as fixed yesterday.
    [The Open Toolkit library: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenAL 1.1 for Mono/.Net]

On a related note, the issues from the previous page (#195 and #201) were marked as fixed yesterday.
    I checked the spec files, and they're fixed. They even added GLuint64 and GLsync, which I hadn't mentioned were also missing.

Also missing in the WGL spec files are entrypoints for WGL_EXT_swap_control.

Junior Member Newbie

Hi, i've got two requests :

First I think there's a problem with current gl.spec, those are defined as OpenGL 3.2 functions but are not specified in the spec pdf.

Code :
    # OpenGL 3.2 (ARB_geometry_shader4) commands

ProgramParameteri(program, pname, value)
    	return		void
    	param		program		UInt32 in value
    	param		pname		GLenum in value
    	param		value		Int32 in value
    	category	VERSION_3_2
    	version		1.2
    	extension
    	glxropcode	?
    	glxflags	ignore
    	offset		?
    FramebufferTextureFace(target, attachment, texture, level, face)
    	return		void
    	param		target		GLenum in value
    	param		attachment	GLenum in value
    	param		texture		UInt32 in value
    	param		level		Int32 in value
    	param		face		GLenum in value
    	category	VERSION_3_2
    	version		1.2
    	extension
    	glxropcode	?
    	glxflags	ignore
    	offset		?

ProgramParameteri is useless as its parameter are now set in the geometry shader source code.
    FramebufferTextureFace was used to attach a single face of a cube map to a framebuffer object but it can be done with FramebufferTexture2D.
    So I think gl.spec has it wrong here.
    I might add that latest nVidia GL3.2 driver on linux (190.18.05) doesn't expose them (only the ARB version, from ARB_geometry_shader4).

Second, I've already asked if there was an equivalent to glGetActiveUniform but for fragment shader outputs (see this post). There is an equivalent to glGetUniformLocation, it's glGetFragDataLocation, but output variable names can't be dynamically queried. So is it something planned ?

Thanks.

Advanced Member Frequent Contributor

MAX_CLIP_DISTANCE 6 or 8??

I see the following in the GL 3.2. core spec (version data 20090803) {looks like this is more like a GL 3.1 spec bug that went unnoticed} I see in Section 21.9 (page 97):

This view volume may be further restricted by as many as n client-defined half-
    spaces. (n is an implementation-dependent maximum that must be at least 6.)
    but in Section G.2 (page 343)

Update MAX_CLIP_DISTANCES from 6 to 8 in section 2.19 and table 6.37,
    to match GLSL (bug 4803).
    Spec bug?

In truth I found this while checking if it was supposed to be 6 or 8 because nVidia drivers have it at 6, nVidia MAX_CLIP_DISTANCE only 6

More spec bugs

Several non-core ARB extensions are missing the suffix from their enum names. GL_ARB_cube_map_array is not a core extension, and the extension spec clearly has ARB suffixes on the names. But the .spec files do not.

This is also true of GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, and GL_ARB_sample_shading.

Junior Member Newbie

Some of the new features has not been fully implemented by the hardware vendor, for example, the conditional rendering commands, and the conditional wait commands(glWaitSync).
    Independant stencil buffer and depth buffer of fbo, etc.
    Yet most of them have not been officially documented by the hardware vendor.