multiple stencils ?

how far is it possible to have or simulate multiple stencil buffers ?

…Not possible to have, there is one (hardware accelerated)stencil attachment to framebuffers. Simulate if you can write to a buffer and read simultaneously you can discard fragments based on buffer values. Not sure if this is allowed however.

What I want to do is to do some stencil stuff during a rendering and to combine the rendering with the stencil buffer with a second pass, so something like this:

void Render()
{
   DoSomeStencilStuff();
   Draw();
   DoSomeStencilStuff2();
   Draw();
}

void Draw()
{
   DoSomeStencilStuff3();
   DrawThings();
   DoSomeStencilStuff4();
   DrawThings2();
}

So, this is impossible ?

you can combine values with f.e. INCR/DECR for as long as possible (2^8 times) as long as you don’t clear the stencil buffer.

What I want to do is to do some stencil stuff during a rendering and to combine the rendering with the stencil buffer with a second pass

This is exactly the purpose of the stencil buffer, why would you want multiple stencil buffers attached to your framebuffer?

Well, I forgot to tell that I need to clear the stencil buffer between the 2 passes.

There is no problem with that, you can do it, call glClear.

So, it’s okay as long as I clear between the 2 passes. But if, for some reasons, I also need to clear between the 2 drawings (so clearing in between the 2 passes) there aren’t any solution ?

glClear gets a bitmask. You can choose to clear only color and/or depth and keep your stencil buffer intact as long as you want.

also Check this out http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/EXT/stencil_clear_tag.txt