OpenGL with multiple graphics cards

Hi,

I have a Windows XP machine with two different graphics cards and I’m having trouble running an OpenGL app on a specific card. I always assumed that when you create an OpenGL context, it will use the driver from the monitor the window is created on.

However, the behavior I’m seeing is that it will use the driver for the card that the primary monitor is attached to, regardless of which monitor the window is created on.

For example, I have an nVidia and ATI card on the same machine. If the primary monitor is attached to the nVidia card, then creating an OpenGL context on the monitor with the ATI card will still use the nVidia driver. I also tried this with an nVidia Geforce and nVidia Quadro on the same machine and got the same results.

So, before I spend more time trying to get this to work, I figured I might as well make sure this is even possible. Is it possible to run two OpenGL applications simultaneously on two different graphics cards? If so, how can I accomplish this?

I’m having a hard time finding info on this topic, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to run two OpenGL applications simultaneously on two different graphics cards?

No. The opengl32.dll isn’t able to load/use more than one ICD at the time.

Thank you, that’s all I needed to know.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.