Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 56.72 drivers work

Junior Member Newbie

56.72 drivers work

this may be 3 days too late, but the nvidia 56.72 drivers are out and using the registry hack to enable the glslang support, i got the 3d labs brick and particle shaders working as well as the humus' volume lighting demo displaying the flames properly.

Member Regular Contributor

Re: 56.72 drivers work

Which hack did you use?

This one
    http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boa...;f=11;t=000051
    didn't worked for me...
    There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened...

Junior Member Regular Contributor

2Corrail
    latest nvemulate(with GLSL support) works well on 56.72(but it is still early implementation)..
    Andrey Yaromenok

Junior Member Newbie

2seed

i can't get working particle demo. it writes "No such uniform named "Time""

Junior Member Newbie

yeah, i did use the same hack as the one from that link. the particle demo is giving me some kind of an illegal operation, but it does display some random noise on a quad. maybe it is not fully working at this stage...don't have an ati card to test it on, only nvidia here and at work.

Junior Member Newbie

just had a look at the source and the error i am getting, and it is the uniform error for 'Time'. my best bet is that the nvidia drivers do not have support for uniforms yet (i may be wrong)

Originally posted by seed:
    my best bet is that the nvidia drivers do not have support for uniforms yet (i may be wrong)
    The 56.72 drivers have support for uniforms and most of what was missing. It's quite usable now. I do have one problem though. I can't compile shaders without a main(). Has anyone tried this? No matter what I do in the shader, if there's no main() I get a "no program defined" or sth. Note, this happens at compilation.

What I'm trying to do is put some flags in one shader and use them in another to conditionally use or not use parts of the second (at linking time of course).
    spasi
    zDimensions

Originally posted by spasi:
    I do have one problem though. I can't compile shaders without a main(). Has anyone tried this? No matter what I do in the shader, if there's no main() I get a "no program defined" or sth. Note, this happens at compilation.
    GLSlang shaders need the main() entry point. its in the specs .

THT

Originally posted by Chris Lux:
    GLSlang shaders need the main() entry point. its in the specs .
    If I remember correctly, the specs say that a shader -program- needs a main(). A shader -object- need not define a main(). Of course, as long as there is a main() in one of the shaders (of the same type) at linking time. Am I wrong?
    spasi
    zDimensions

Yes, you're right, spasi.
    There's no need to define a main() in every shader object. But there HAVE to be a main() in a shader program. If not the link won't be successful.
    There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened...