Which cards support GLSL under Linux?

Hi,

Like the title says, which cards support these extensions under Linux?

Thanks,
Luke.

At the moment, none.

Does anyone have any clue as to when it’ll be available?

I will want to move onto the shader language at some point, and I only work under Linux. I’ll also need to get a new card, so I’ll need to know which one would be better for me,

Thanks,
Luke.

I you only work under linux, maybe would be better wait some months before buy a new 3dcard, to see what vendor provides linux drivers for glslang first. But if you move to windows, at the momment 3DLabs WildCat VP, ATI Radeon 9500+ or NVidia Ti or FX with developer drivers supports a subset of glslang. (3DLabs hasn’t got plans for develop linux drivers for WildCat)

[This message has been edited by Ffelagund (edited 03-13-2004).]

Fair enough. But I won’t be moving to Windows at all, so I’d like to hear from guys at ATI and nVidia to see who are going to provide Linux support for this extension.

I actually thought that ATI had implemented it, so I was looking at the Radeon 9600xt. But, like you said, I’ll wait a while before making a decision :frowning:

Thanks,
Luke.

All the nVIDIA FX cards will support GLSL on Linux. The drivers are not out yet though … unless you can get them in Beta.

Ah yes, but it’s more ofa case of when and which version?

Do the nVidia/ATI guys hang around here? I know they used to in the advanced forum, but as that’s broken :-/

Luke.

Well, the NVIDIA guys are certainly still lurking…

I don’t have a definate release date for GLSL under Linux, but our Windows GLSL driver is currently in beta to registered developers, and Linux usually follows closely behind.

Yeah, what did happen to the advanced forums?

Originally posted by Lucretia:
[b]Ah yes, but it’s more ofa case of when and which version?

Do the nVidia/ATI guys hang around here? I know they used to in the advanced forum, but as that’s broken :-/

Luke.[/b]

The new nVidia driver for linux has been released yesterday. On the nVidia-page you still get the old one 53.36 but if you know that the new release number ist 61.06 you can change the number in the url and you will get the new download page, or you simply click the following link :wink:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-6106.html
cu
jlukas

Oh sorry,
I’ve forgotten the most important thing. This new driver adds support for the OpenGL Shading Language.
:stuck_out_tongue:
cu
jlukas

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.