GLEW 'bug' in glslang extensions

This only affects to cards that having fragment/vertex_shader extensions, haven’t fragment/vertex_program.
GLEW open this funcion pointers (glVertexAttribPointerARB, glEnableVertexAttribArrayARB and glBindAttribLocationARB) in the vp/fp_program extensions, so if your card havent these extensions (as 3DLabs WildCat VP cards), you will get an error for null function pointer if you try to use it.

I am not exactly sure what you are saying here? Do you have a code sample or something that shows this?

I think he is saying that the entrypoints that are shared between the extensions ARB_vertex_shader and ARB_vertex_program (e.g. glVertexAttrib4f) are not supplied by glew if ARB_vertex_program is not present but ARB_vertex_shader is.
Essentially, both extensions describe the same entrypoints, but glew gets them from ARB_vertex_program only.

Yes, this is what happens exactly. This entry points are only in GL_ARB_vertex_program, but aren’t in GL_ARB_vertex_shader.

Sorry for my bad english please

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.