Widget library survey: GLUI
Together with Jim Mathies I am creating a comparison between various OpenGL toolkits and widget libraries. The end result will be available through the OpenGL Toolkit FAQ: www.mathies.com/glfaq
If you have any experience with the toolkit/widget library mentioned in the topic, feel free to post your comments in this thread.
1. What are the prerequisites/dependencies of the widget library?
2. What platforms are supported?
2A Apple - which OS
2C Unix - which ones
2D Win32 - which one of not all
3. What languages can be used with the widget library?
3D (Visual) Basic
4.What compilers can be used with the widget library?
4D Borland C++
4E GCC (Unix)
4F cc (Unix)
5. What is the target audience of the widget library?
6. Please give some information about the current maintenance status of the
6A Is it actively maintained
6B What is the current released version, when was it released
6C What where the previous three major releases, when were they released
7. What type of license is required to use the widget library?
8. Is all sourcecode of the widget library available for inspection?
9. How is the widget library deployed?
9A using static libraries
9B using dynamic libraries
10. What is the approximate size of the library?
11. What GUI-controls/widget does the library supply?
(this section can be as elaborate as you want)
12. What other things do you want to add regarding your widget library?