glut, nvoglnt

hello,
i am a student, and i learn opengl.i am working with .net, the problem is, when i tried to execute a program from my class. the program (after the black window opens) should open a white window with stuff on it. i get only the black window and than it crashed. the debug window shows alot of lines but those few lines repeat themselfs:

‘rotem.exe’: Unloaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\vdmdbg.dll’

‘rotem.exe’: Unloaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\psapi.dll’

‘rotem.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Liad\Local Settings\Temp\A5355s._0a’, No symbols loaded.

‘rotem.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32
voglnt.lrc’, No symbols loaded.

First-chance exception at 0x77f69ecd in rotem.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000010.

‘rotem.exe’: Unloaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32
voglnt.lrc’

‘rotem.exe’: Unloaded ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Liad\Local Settings\Temp\A5355s._0a’

voglnt.dll’

‘rotem.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcd32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘rotem.exe’: Unloaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcd32.dll’

voglnt.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘rotem.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\psapi.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘rotem.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\vdmdbg.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘rotem.exe’: Unloaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\vdmdbg.dll’

‘rotem.exe’: Unloaded ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\psapi.dll’

‘rotem.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Liad\Local Settings\Temp\A5355s._0a’, No symbols loaded.

voglnt.lrc’, No symbols loaded.

First-chance exception at 0x77f69ecd in rotem.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000010.

voglnt.lrc’

‘rotem.exe’: Unloaded ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Liad\Local Settings\Temp\A5355s._0a’

voglnt.dll’

i think it’s the nvoglnt files that cause the problem.

i have asus geforce2 gts 64mb on my pc. i would appricate if anyone will help me. my teacher don’t know the answer, also i sent an email to asus and i didn’t get an answer. please help me

thank you so very much

liad

When I was first starting out with GLUT (albeit on Mac OSX) I discovered a funny little issue where I had to call some OpenGL function (glXXXX) between glutInit() and my first call to a glut function (in my case it was glutCreateWindow() ). I didn’t bomb out, but the application wouldn’t load the openGL or glut dynamic libraries correctly.

Also, some glut functions don’t like NULL pointers…sometimes you have to make a dummy variable and pass its address as a parameter.

Off the top of my head, that’s all I can come up with.

hello, thoszero
i didn’t quite understand what do you think i should do.

the error happens when i am calling the function:
glutCreateWindow(“My first window”);

this function opens the glut.h file and on the line:

static int APIENTRY glutCreateWindow_ATEXIT_HACK(const char *title) { return __glutCreateWindowWithExit(title, exit); }

a black window is created and after 3 seconds it shut down.