Now that there's a new discussion forum for these things, I'd like to mention my OpenGL framework API, GLFW, which is approaching version 2.0.
Some of the features:
- Very easy to use API
- No Win32/GLX coding necessary
- Open an OpenGL window with one call
- Good fullscreen support
- Mouse and keyboard input
- High precision timer
- Multithreading support
- Full compatibility between Windows and X11
- It's open source
- It's free
- Supports MinGW, MSVC and GCC (for Unix)
- User Guide and Reference Manual in PDF format (not 100% finished yet)
A pre-release is available at (the not yet finished page): http://hem.passagen.se/opengl/glfw/
Feedback is welcome!