wglUseFontOutlines error

This was posted a while ago on the advanced board. Does anyone know anything about the error 0x8 (out of memory error) caused by wglUseFontOutlines? I’m using a very simple call;

if (wglUseFontOutlines(MainhDC, 0, 256, 256, 0.0f, 0.1f, WGL_FONT_POLYGONS, NULL) == FALSE) {
… etc …

this happens whatever I do to the numbers in the call, even if I reduce it to one single character or copy the example out of the MSDN website verbatim (with non-NULL final parameter). Something strange is going on.

Surely this is common enough to have happened to plenty of other people? wglUseFontBitmaps works fine, and I have a nice graphics card (128Mb) and plenty of RAM so neither of those is a problem.

Any solutions?

Cheers,
Col

Hmmmm, strange.

What operating system and what 3d card are you using?

Does that happen when you run it on a different system?

(I think it could be a driver related problem if you get my drift…)

Using Win2k (fully updated), GeForce4Ti4200. It could be a driver problem - I’ll try instaling the latest ones.

It’s certainly very bizarre.

Anyone else actually had this problem?

Cheers,
Col

It may not be an driver related problem after all.

I expierenced strange effects when:

a.) The c: drive is almost full and windows cant extend the swap file anymore.

b.) The local security policy for the logged in user was very restricted.

Maybe a bit far fetched but worth checking.

Hi,

It’s not a driver problem - I just installed the newest ones. As for the other issues, my C: drive has 1.3Gb left and I’m logged in as administrator.

This is extremely bizarre. And also very annoying as the workaround using open source libraries is a bit complicated.

Cheers,
Col

Hi Colin, I had exactly this error but some months ago now. If you can wait until tomorrow I will dig deep into my code to see if I left myself any hints :slight_smile: From (dodgy) memory: are you calling it several times? I seem to remember being able to call it error free the first time only.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.