Geforce256 asus and stereo on linux?

ciao all,
does anyone know if the nvidia drivers for xfree86 4 support opengl stereo? im using a asus v6800 nvidia geforce256 32ddr card with rh 6.1 and xf86 4.0-0.12… currently, glut returns that stereo isnt available on this card, though in windows it is (it comes with vr glasses)… im trying to do some stereo via opengl in linux… grazie mille, wayne

I have the same setup (ELSA instead of Asus), but can anwer this one quickly. The 3d glasses are driven by a Direct X driver under Windows, which explains why it works. Though I am very disapointed by the end result and my brains really hurts, it still is a neat thing. I would rather love the 2 lcd screen headgear instead.

Does GL support 3D headgear/shutter glasses? Yup! But I haven’t seen anything better under linux than having two Voodoo2 in non SLI mode and rendering each a viewpoint. This is hinted and demonstrated in the Mesa3dfx examples.

Originally posted by Denis Solaro:
[b]I have the same setup (ELSA instead of Asus), but can anwer this one quickly. The 3d glasses are driven by a Direct X driver under Windows, which explains why it works. Though I am very disapointed by the end result and my brains really hurts, it still is a neat thing. I would rather love the 2 lcd screen headgear instead.

Does GL support 3D headgear/shutter glasses? Yup! But I haven’t seen anything better under linux than having two Voodoo2 in non SLI mode and rendering each a viewpoint. This is hinted and demonstrated in the Mesa3dfx examples.[/b]

thanks alot for the info. unfortunately i dont have a 3dfx card, and actually the asus went on the fritz and is being replaced… the question i ahve is how did you sync the glasses with the application?? im downloading the mesa demo’s now… do you happen to know which demo?? i know that mesa alone doesnt support stereo… are the 3dfx drivers unique in that they do??? grazie, wayne

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.