OT: download this

Hello,

Could some people download my little app and give feedback. I don’t want to make an official announcement on the main page just yet.

It’s a control panel application for GL… the web page gives the details with screenshots.
http://www.geocities.com/vmelkon/openglcpa.html

Enjoy!
V-man

Doesn’t appear in Control Panel in Windows 2000.
Looks good from the screenshots, so you’ve succeeded in irritating me!

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

Hmm… couldn’t you get a real web server?

Julien.

Doesn’t have any control panel icon either.
Got a error while intalling (MessageBox saying that “uninstaller setup failed to initialize. You may not be able to uninstall this product”).
My system is now soiled with unused files…

But your project looks cool anyway, I would like to test it.

Originally posted by deepmind:
Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

Hmm… couldn’t you get a real web server?

Julien.

The same here. Geocities sucks.

-Lev

[This message has been edited by Lev (edited 07-12-2002).]

fudge! This is exactly why I decided to have a little test.

Try this: when you get that “not found window”, press your back button in your browser.

V-man

The back button is disabled.

Originally posted by opla:
[b]Doesn’t have any control panel icon either.
Got a error while intalling (MessageBox saying that “uninstaller setup failed to initialize. You may not be able to uninstall this product”).
My system is now soiled with unused files…

But your project looks cool anyway, I would like to test it.[/b]

I know, I mentioned that on the web page. I will fix it in the future.

Free advice : don’t uninstall!

V-man

Just produce an exe, for heavens sake! Trying to be too clever, if you ask me…

OK, version 1.01 is up at the same site.

Microsoft doesn’t give clear explanations about their OSs so I have to guess (trial and error)!

Can a couple of people with XP and 2000 download and test. knackered?

When you download and run setup, post a message here saying what your OS is and service pack.Also, pay attention to a message box that says “Path 2 is to be taken”

This version will not clean up the previous installs on 2000 and XP. I was hurrying and I forgot

V-man

v1.01 still doesn’t work for me (WinXP pro german (many hotfixes installed)).

and there was a “Path 2 is to be taken” msgbox.

even launching the .cpl file by hand doesn’t work. As knackered said, provide an .exe!

-Lev

I can’t connect to your site, because you’re using free webspace, and there must be someone with it open in their browser somewhere in the world!
Just a thought, but I seem to remember your .cpl does appear in the system32 directory on win2k, but doesn’t appear in the control panel itself, therefore you must have misplaced your registry settings.
I wonder if I do this, will it work? :-
“control C:\winnt\system32\glcp.cpl”

(or whatever your cpl is called)

Will this work?

>>>Just a thought, but I seem to remember your .cpl does appear in the system32 directory on win2k, but doesn’t appear in the control panel itself, therefore you must have misplaced your registry settings.
I wonder if I do this, will it work? :-
“control C:\winnt\system32\glcp.cpl”

(or whatever your cpl is called)

Will this work?<<<

Let me explain. The previous install was a mistake on win2k and XP. It is not suppose to be in \system32
You should have a folder C:\Program Files\OpenGLCPA
You can thinker around if you wish. Try
ShellExecute(NULL, NULL, “control”, “OpenGL32CPA.cpl”, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);

without deleting anything in \system32
No one with other OSs are complaining, so that’s good news!
And I can’t help it if a whole bunch of people decide to download at the same time.

V-man

New Installer is up. version number is still v1.01, but you will notice differences in the installer.

This version will clean files and registry keys before installing.

#1 you have to be Admin
#2 close control panel, if open
Only need a couple of people with win 2000 and XP for this test!

thanks for the help! It should work!
V-man

Still doesn’t work for me. No new item is shown up in the control panel and launching the .cpl file by hand does not work (nothing happens)

WinXP pro.

-Lev

OK, thanks for trying Lev.

I might decide to make a test program so that download and testing will be simpler.

V-man

I tried your progy on my Win XP prof.(no service pack) german and it did not work. Two warnings:

• MessageBox saying that “uninstaller setup failed to initialize. You may not be able to uninstall this product”
    -Path 2 is to be taken
    No Icon in the control panel

Originally posted by V-man:
No one with other OSs are complaining, so that’s good news!

Vman, you’re not still using windows 98 are you?! Win2k is defacto standard now, y’know.

I run NT 4 on my machine. Very stable except for IE related junk like the explorer.
The nvidia drivers are top notch.
Uses 47MB at boot up.
In one word, it’s a man’s OS, not like that sissy 2K stuff.

I’ll be testing things myself in a couple of days. Busy with school work for now.

V-man

Win2k is NT5 by another name, mate!
And guess what? You can use DirectX8.1 on it too! And all future versions of DirectX!
One word - ‘useful’.
So there!