I have been for 2 days working with glDrawPixels + nvidia 53.36 with no LOGIC results. Obviously, there can be an explanation, but none of what I tried to do was nice.
My conclusions about glDrawPixels are:
1) It's affected by COMBINER and VERTEX_PROGRAM , so they must be disabled (NOT EXPLAINED IN ANY PLACE)
2) It's affected by the MODELVIEW and PROJECTION matrix (as it is explained in the MDSN doc)
3) It's affected in an unexpected way by the glRasterPos. Using glGet(GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION,...) and setting again the SAME value with glRasterPos makes DIFFERENT results
4) It's affected in an unexpected way THAT MAYBE NO ONE IN THE WORLD KNOWS by the glDrawBuffer function. Setting glDrawBuffer to GL_BACK sometimes worked when doing glSwapBuffer and sometimes not (depen on the context), and setting it to GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, DOES NOT PAINT NOTHING MOST OF THE TIME except if you use later glSwapBuffer
5) It's affected by VBO, in a way in which you cannot set VBO, and disable it, and expect to paint on the screen nothing more with glDrawPixels
6) It's a ****. Full of bugs. Maybe no one uses it.
7) It SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM the drivers, because it just simply DOESN'T WORK, and it's not properly documented and it's, of course, only a way to make developers lose their time.