gluBuild3DMipmap and glu1.3

I would like to use gluBuild3DMipmap but am having issues with the glu32.dll saying there is no gluBuild3DMipmap and this is with the 1.3 version from http://www.geocities.com/vmelkon/glu.html

So what can I do to get this function to work? If I use wglGetProc address where is the extension file so I can see what I need to use/add?

Second question is ok just use hardware mipmapping. Well is this the correct way to use/setup mipmapping with either method?

glGenTextures(1, texture);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_3D, *texture);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_REPEAT);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_REPEAT);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_R, GL_REPEAT);
//or if using GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP uncomment the next line
//glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP, true);

glTexImage3D(GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0, imageTypeInternal,  imageWidth, imageHeight, 0, imageTypeFormat,  GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, imageData);
glGenerateMipmapEXT(GL_TEXTURE_3D);

Shouldn’t I only have to call the mipmap functions glGenereateMipmapEXT() or GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP only once when I setup the textures? I am not doing any RTT with it… As of right now it doesn’t look like the textures are being mipmapped and I am using this with the new EXT_texture_array extension. Possible error? Thanks

glGenerateMipmapEXT seems to not work with the EXT_texture_array… Can anyone from Nvidia comment on this. I am using GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP and that works so far…

Originally posted by Mars_9999:
glGenerateMipmapEXT seems to not work with the EXT_texture_array… Can anyone from Nvidia comment on this. I am using GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP and that works so far…
Yes, it looks like glGenerateMipmapEXT is doing the wrong thing for array textures in the 97.02. It’s supposed to work by generating mipmaps layer-by-layer, but it doesn’t. I’ve filed a bug report, and the fix shouldn’t be difficult.

Setting the GENERATE_MIPMAP texture parameter to TRUE for automatic mipmap generation should work properly, as you have apparently discovered.

Thanks pbrown, I was about to loose all my hair… :smiley: