MultiTexturing probs on TnT2.

Hi folks, i am using the ARB multitexturing extension on my tnt2 and i am using both vertex arrays, display lists and simple primitives specification with glBegin,glColor,glVertex etc… and they all react the same way! let me explain:
for example, i’ve got an object which only uses 1 texture channel , thus i have to
specify glMultiTexCoord2fARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB,u,v) , activate GL_TEXTURE0_ARB channel and bind the correct texture handle but in this case my rendered texture is ‘funky’ !! i should say ‘unstable’… Anyway, if i add the command glMultiTexCoord2fARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB,u,v)
(the specified u,v are not relevant!) everything work fine!!
So what, i know that the tnt2 supports 2 stages of multitexturing, so what the point?
am i doing something wrong, my nvidia drivers are buggy?? am i forced to add the MultiTexCoord command at least the number of hardware supported channels?
Any advice?

thanks

Just make sure multitexturing is disabled when rendering the single textured object and everything should be fine. I’ve not had this problem with any of the NVIDIA drivers (Det, Det2, and Det3).

it was already checked:
glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE3_ARB);
glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE2_ARB);

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);

Should i add something more??
is there any definition to use with glIsEnabled() ???

Thanks…

Hmmm, only other thing I can think of, is maybe you have left the texture array enabled for texture unit 1. Remember to use glClientActiveTextureARB(enum tex) to select the array and disable it with glDisableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY_EXT) (do this for each texture array enabled that you want to disable). If this isn’t the problem, then I am totally befuddled.

Also kinda curious why you are using 4 texture units when TNT2 only has 2.