OpenGL Linking Problems .. on XP . : (

Hi palz

i’m using Visual C++ 6 on Windows XP bulid2600 … i have linking problems … the error is :

--------------------Configuration: GL1 - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking…
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/GL1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

GL1.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

i made a win32 application …

i’ve adjusts the Setting/Link … and added opengl32.lib & glu32.lib & glaux.lib …

i’ve included the Header files … gl.h & glu .h & glaux.h …

So what is the problem i don’t think that it’s in the header files …

PlEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ Help …

i 'll be glad for any help

thanX

A win32 application requires a WinMain function. A win32 console apllication requires a main function. The two different types of project has different entry point in your code.

Based on what function you have in your code, you need to create the right type of projecr.

Originally posted by Bob:
[b] [quote]

A win32 application requires a WinMain function. A win32 console apllication requires a main function. The two different types of project has different entry point in your code.

Based on what function you have in your code, you need to create the right type of projecr.[/b][/QUOTE]

================================
ThanX Pal … But i have made a Win32 Application Project … and it doen’t work … i’m using Nehe Tutorials … i have did exactly what he said to set up an OpenGL Project

Plz can u give me more help …

hmm…but if you are really using a Win32 App project, the linker shouldn’t be complaining about _main

[This message has been edited by owcs (edited 07-28-2002).]

PleeeeeeeeeeeZ Help (((

Recreate the project and MAKE SURE (!!!) you create the right type of project.

As owcx said, if you really created a Win32 App, the linker shouldn’t have complained with that message, unless you have explicitly changed the linker settings by hand.