Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Thread: GLUT - JOYSTICK

Intern Contributor

GLUT - JOYSTICK

Hi all!
    I have a little example with executable file which uses GLUTs glutJoystickFunc(...); function.
    When I run the program ie. execute the exe file I am able to move in 3D by using a joystick. Now when I compile the source code myself then MSVC++ will overwirte the original executable created previously by somebody and will create a new exe for me which for some reason when I run the program again the joystick doesn't work. Am I missing some libraries or something??!!!!?!?!?! I've looked at the Glut spec and it doesn't say about some extra libraries in order to use it???!!
    Whats wrong?

[This message has been edited by robert_s (edited 02-18-2002).]

Senior Member OpenGL Guru

Re: GLUT - JOYSTICK

Do you have a link to the exmaple?
    Would have to see how they have setup the glut routine.

Originally posted by robert_s:
    Hi all!
    I have a little example with executable file which uses GLUTs glutJoystickFunc(...); function.
    When I run the program ie. execute the exe file I am able to move in 3D by using a joystick. Now when I compile the source code myself then MSVC++ will overwirte the original executable created previously by somebody and will create a new exe for me which for some reason when I run the program again the joystick doesn't work. Am I missing some libraries or something??!!!!?!?!?! I've looked at the Glut spec and it doesn't say about some extra libraries in order to use it???!!
    Whats wrong?

[This message has been edited by robert_s (edited 02-18-2002).]