Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike OPENGL "FIXED" WINDOWS XP !!!@!!!

Re: Counter Strike OPENGL "FIXED" WINDOWS XP !!!@!!!

Thanks but that trick was about as effective for me as a condom with holes in it LOL!

Super Moderator OpenGL Guru dorbie's Avatar

crayzie, install teh latest video drivers. Download them from their web site, make sure yuo pick the right operating system etc.

Junior Member Newbie

Hi, I have WinXP pro. When i put my counter-strike settings on Opengl and try joining a server after an error comes up. The Error says "The selected opengl mode is not suported by your vidoe card." I also dont know where i go so i can Disable Nvidia Driver Helper Service. If You know how to fix this Please post a reply or send me an e-mail at Quixotic323@hotmail.com

Thank You

Re: Counter Strike OPENGL "FIXED" WINDOWS XP !!!@!

every body should just stop posting "im having problems with this that//// somebody help me!!!!, try looking around beforw asking ur awser is 90% is already there.
    www.activision.com/en_US/home/home.jsp
    press support and ask a question, attach ur dxdiag.exe test.

run
    dxiag.exe
    save all

then press extra documents
    ask ur questions in the box and they will get back 2 u. *copied off page***

*Your Question is... (English only, not in the US? click the Contact button for regional support)
    can u see if my computer and video card can handle return to castle wolfenstein, enemy territory, quake (enter what ever game u entered where it asked u what game) (not shown in this exemple) attached is my dxiag.exe file

*Attach Documents to Question, such as DxDiag.txt/screenshots of errors
    1 attach dxiag.exe file here<<<<<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`look people, we are all trying to do the same thing here but we r all going to have different soulutions. some people it is there cards, some people cards, some people S*H*I*T*y comp, and others. the moniter one is easy and the same with chip. follow instructions below.
    first for chips,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager look under display adapters,, write down the name and maker of ur card. go on the web and search the maker then download the update for it so exemple i have a rage fury/xpert 2000 pro (ATI TECHNOLIGIES). made my microsoft, go to www.ati.com , look under find driver / download drivers, find ur driver and instal, then adjust ur settings and try ur game........ should work..
    ...REMEMBER IF UR CARD IS MADE BY A COMPANY U MUST UPDATE IT AT THAT COMPANY IF U DONT IT WONT EVEN WORK.

NOW moniters,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager, look under moniters and see how many are installed, if you have two installed click one one and disable it. (that is how to fix, but not the problem on my computer, my computer has a plug and play moniter because xp installs stuff itself)

i hope this helps people when u find ur chip name/ manufacteur just type the name in google and go to there website, u will find the update.

DONT POST WIN.INI FILES OR EROR MESSAGES ITS A ROOM EYESORE, FOR PPL LOOK IN OTHER FORUMS FOR THE ,DVA=O SOLUTION

Most of the problems I see posted here are either application specific or due to very old video drivers (or someone using MS Update and thinking that's all they need).

I have tried switching off the Nvidia Driver Helper Service but however my comp still encountered with the same error...

Now i still can't play CStrike with opengl...

I am using AMD 1ghz Geforce2 Mx with Win XP

can someone pls advise more? Thanks!

Junior Member Newbie

after a few minutes playing counter strike my pc shutdown suddenly. With directgl this not happens.

windows xp, 2000+ geforce4mx.

Latests drivers, yep, this already done
    someone nows how this can be fixed?

Junior Member Newbie

I am having no luck running Counter Strike with either OpenGL or D3D on XP. The problems are: in either mode mouse look and strafe do not work together,
    and when running D3D, after second time around the graphics stays in the (shrunk) game selection view but I can hear the game running.

Any ideas? XP is terrible for games it seems. I should have stayed with Win 98

Regards
    Hapkido

Re: Counter Strike OPENGL "FIXED" WINDOWS XP !!!@!

I HAVE 2 COMPUTERS, ONES A LAP TOP ONES THIS. ON MY LAPTOP I HADE BOTH GAMES RUNNING SO I JUST WENT IN AND COPIED THE OPEN GL FOLDER FROM RTCW AND FROM SYSTEM OPENGL32.DLL AND EMAILED THEM TO THE COMPUTER WICH MY GAMES WOULD NOT WORK. i JUST COPIED THEM IN AND SAID YES OVERWRITE AND THEN MY GAME WORKED. IF U WANT A MORE DETAILED VERSION OF HOW I FIXED THIS EMAIL ME @

IF ANY ONE WANTS I CAN EMAIL THEN WORKING OPEN GL FOR WOLFENSTEIN AND FOR SYSTEM32.DLL
    or email me for a more detailed version of how to.

Originally posted by Hapkido:
    I am having no luck running Counter Strike with either OpenGL or D3D on XP. The problems are: in either mode mouse look and strafe do not work together,
    and when running D3D, after second time around the graphics stays in the (shrunk) game selection view but I can hear the game running.

Any ideas? XP is terrible for games it seems. I should have stayed with Win 98

Regards
    Hapkido

In reply to NullG with the can't run CS again after closing it" error.

Are you running CS in compatability mode?
    if so turn it off. it fixed it for me.

Does any one know if 1.6 works on XP...