Medal Of Honor: Allied Assult

I have Windows XP on my computer and I am running a Geforce2 MX on it… But when i am starting the game the screen turns black and then this appers:

— Common Initialization —
Medal of Honor Allied Assault 1.00 win-x86 Dec 6 2001
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Programmer\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak5.pk3 (259 files)
C:\Programmer\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak4.pk3 (593 files)
C:\Programmer\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak3.pk3 (669 files)
C:\Programmer\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak2.pk3 (4722 files)
C:\Programmer\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak1.pk3 (772 files)
C:\Programmer\EA GAMES\MOHAA\main\Pak0.pk3 (11175 files)
C:\Programmer\EA GAMES\MOHAA/main

18190 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing menu.cfg
execing newconfig.cfg
Config: unnamedsoldier.cfg
couldn’t exec configs/unnamedsoldier.cfg
execing newconfig.cfg
couldn’t exec localized.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Unknown command “fov”
couldn’t exec custom.cfg
…detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium III

------- Input Initialization -------
Initializing DirectInput…
Couldn’t set DI coop level
Falling back to Win32 mouse support…
------- Input Initialization Complete ------- 124
You are now setup for easy mode.
----- Client Initialization -----
Called FadeSound with: 0.000000
----- Initializing Renderer ----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll’ ): succeeded
…setting mode 3: 640 480 FS
…using colorsbits of 16
…calling CDS: ok
…registered window class
…created window@0,0 (640x480)
Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…assuming ‘3dfxvgl’ is a standalone driver
…initializing QGL
…WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
…shutting down QGL
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

My E-Mail is Techno_Boy_12345@yahoo.dk

HELP ME PLEASE…

I have the same problem.

The same problem here,except I am running GF4 on 98 with different games…but they ALL give me the same message—CAN’T OPEN OPENGL SUBSYSTEM…

eyh i have the same problem 2

mzzl

i got the same problem and i need help!!!
send me an E-mail to juanR007@msn.com

i got WindowsXP with nVidia geForce 2 mx

I have the same problem for Medal Of Honor. If anyone has an answer please e-mail me with an answer. jsewards@hotmail.com

Ok, i’m no expert or anything on this works. But, it’s having trouble setting up the screen resolutoin and color depth (see where is says 'failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT). Try putting the color depth as high as it can go and start it from a resolutoin of 800x600. I had a GeForce 2 MX and i was able to run that game with 800x600x24 (or it could have been 32…don’t remember). But before that…try downloading the newest driver for the card. Go to www.nvidia.com and install the latest drivers ESPECIALLY if you have windows XP. Nvidia cards act crazy on XP if you have really old drivers.

When i upgraded to XP, my card switched to software rendering to draw a spinning cube in OpenGL.

i had the same problem with winXP and medal of honour. i followed your advice with downloading a new graphics driver and it solved the problem.
thanks

AHHHHH!!! WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM WHO HAS AN NVIDA CARD GET HIS/HERS FIXED JUST BY DOWNLOADING A NEW DRIVER?!? I HAVE A 3D PROPHET 4500, AND IF I GOT A DAMN DIME EVERY TIME I REINSTALLED A NEW DRIVER, I’D HAVE A LOT OF DIMES…Yeah…

Well i think the issue with Nvidia is that their card drivers sucked for XP. They didn’t work properly. So they came out with new drivers. The drivers install an interface to the card from XP AND install the latest OpenGL drivers…Try finding an updated version of opengl. www.glsetup.com MIGHT work…it’s a little outdated though.

• Halcyon

ok, i also have that problem but with an ati radeon 7500 64mb. Does noone realize that problem with the Direct input initialization?.. i think thats the problem and not the pixelformat and so 'cause i’ve been playing soldier of fortune 2 with no problem and it also use quake3 engine under opengl like moaa.

cadessi@hotmail.com

pd: warcraft3 and blade of darkness crash that way too.

The same happens to me! y

help me

can u please email me i need to know what to do.

Just reinstall moh, worked for me once…

or run configure.exe…

GRTZ,

SV2k

medal of honor is screwing me lol

…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…initializing QGL
…shutting down QGL

ne1 help me pls i dnt hav a clu, only thing i can think of is i have a rubbish graphx card

Originally posted by andyb2k4:
[b]medal of honor is screwing me lol

…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…initializing QGL
…shutting down QGL

ne1 help me pls i dnt hav a clu, only thing i can think of is i have a rubbish graphx card[/b]

Why not try EA support?
http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?&p_prod_lvl1=429

Medal of Honor (PC) ERROR - Could not load OpenGL subsystem - check video card

Question
I’m getting an error in the MOHAA console: “Could not load OpenGL subsystem”. What can I do to resolve this?

Answer
This error indicates trouble initializing your 3D graphics card to work with OpenGL. It is important that your Graphics card hardware supports OpenGL and that OpenGL supported video drivers are being used.

The first thing to check would be to ensure that you meet the games requirements for at least a 16 MB video card with support for OpenGL. To determine what type of video card you have.

1. Click Start
  2. Click Run
  3. In the box type DXDIAG. Click OK. This will bring up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
  4. When the tool finishes loading, click the Display tab.

In the Device section, next to Name is the name of your video card. You may want to write this down. The Manufacturer is the company that manufactured your video card.

Also note the Approximate Total Memory a couple lines below the name. If this reads less than approximately 16 MB the card lacks sufficient video memory to run the game.

The following video chipsets are supported:

• NVIDIA GeForce3,
  • NVIDIA GeForce2,
  • NVIDIA GeForce 256,
  • NVIDIA Riva TNT2,
  • NVIDIA Riva TNT,
  • ATI Radeon,
  • ATI Rage 128 Pro,
  • ATI Rage 128,
  • PowerVR3 Kyro II,
  • PowerVR Kyro

If you do have one of these video cards, it’s likely then that you need to update your video drivers to the latest available from your manufacturer’s website. We recommend that you thoroughly read, understand and follow the instructions provided on your video card manufacturer’s web page. The following instructions are solely provided as a general guide as each manufacturer may utilize a different method for installation.

Upon completion, it is important that you assure the correct driver is installed and in-use before continuing further to install or load your gaming software. Electronic Arts will not be able to assist in the installation of your video card driver. To assure the appropriate driver version is installed please follow the instruction provided at the end of this message. Should you still continue to experience difficulties please do not hesitate and contact our support team again.

For NVIDIA based video cards your video card driver can be obtained by taking the following steps:

1. Go to: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
  2. There you will see three boxes. In the first box choose “Graphics Driver”.
  3. In the second box, choose the type of Video card you have.
  4. In the third box, choose your Operating System (Windows Version), and click “Go!”
  5. Click on “Primary Download Site”.
  6. Read the LICENSE AGREEMENT and click “Accept”.
  7. Click on “Save”
  8. Set the drop down box next to Save in to Desktop and click the “Save” button.
  9. The file that has been copied to your desktop is a self extracting executable, meaning you should be able to double click on it and follow the directions to install it. It is normal to have to restart your computer after this is complete.

For ATI based video cards your video card driver can be obtained by taking the following steps:

1. Go to: http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html
  2. There you will see three boxes. In the first box choose your Operating System (Windows Version).
  3. In the second box, Choose “Graphics Driver”.
  4. In the third box, choose your video card type, and click “Go!”
  5. Click on “Download”.
  6. Click on “Save”
  7. Set the drop down box next to Save in to Desktop and click the “Save” button.
  8. The file that has been copied to your desktop is a self extracting executable, meaning you should be able to double click on it and follow the directions to install it. It is normal to have to restart your computer after this is complete.

NOTE: Usually the driver update is as simple as double clicking the file, however some driver updates require you to first uninstall any previous drivers you have from your Add/Remove Programs list in your Control Panel. You will want to contact your computer manufacturer or video card manufacturer directly if you require help with these steps.

If your video card meets the minimum requirements and updated drivers have been installed you should no longer receive this error message. If you are still receiving this error message you may way to explore other causes of this error Medal of Honor (PC) ERROR - Could not load OpenGL subsystem - computer has two monitors

Originally posted by proxy:
I have the same problem.