Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Thread: Video Mode change failure?!? The specified video modes is not supported?!?

Junior Member Newbie

Video Mode change failure?!? The specified video modes is not supported?!?

Hi, I have this problem where whenever I try to change the video settings to Open GL in Counter-Strike through Steam this error message will pop up:

Video mode change failure
    The specified video mode is not supported. The game will now run in software mode.

Yeah so does anyone have any ideas why this happens? I tried doing that thing where you place the opengl32.dll file into the C:/windows/system folder but the error message still pops up. I *believe* I have downloaded the latest graphics drivers for my video card and I *think* I've dled all the latest drivers for my motherboard and yet Open Gl still won't work...Any help/suggestions/tips greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Here are my system specs in case your wondering:
    Microsoft Win 98
    2nd Edition
    4.10.222A
    Authentic AMD
    AMD Athlon(tm)XP2000+
    256.0 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio

Road runner cable + Norton Antivirus 2002, Norton Internet Security Family Edition

Re: Video Mode change failure?!? The specified video modes is not supported?!?

Sounds like a Counter Strike problem... might try them for support....

http://www.forumplanet.com/counterstrike/

(Shockingly, the problem could be because "The specified video mode is not supported".)

Re: Video Mode change failure?!? The specified video modes is not supported?!?

Does it run in a window?