Please help before I burn my machine.

I’m begging someone to take pity on my situation because I’m getting no where fast with other avenues.
Let’s start with my config…

Iwill KD266 motherboard running an AMD Athlon 1000Mhz processor. 512 MB ram, nVidia TNT2 m64 w/ 32mb ram all running under Win 98SE with all the latest updates including DirectX 8.1

I just built this computer based on specs needed to run GIS (Geographic Information System) software. The error I’m getting is not application specific and reads as follows when trying to launch any of my GIS applications.

“OPENGL32.dll file is linked to missing export GDI32.dll:gdiswapbuffers”

Ironically all my high-end games run perfectly.

Please, please help me decipher this error if you can. I’ve spent way too much time, money and effort getting this system built to just give up.

I’ve contacted MSI about the video card and they state that the card doesn’t support OpenGL 32-bit, only OpenGL 16-bit is supported… sounds fishy to me.

If that’s the case how do I get my OpenGL 32-bit back? I realize there may not be such a thing but it’s worth asking.

Jason Lampitt

Hmmm… Don’t know what to say.

The TNT2 M64 should support 32 bit, although I’m not sure what this has to do with anything. Can’t the software work in 16 bit mode?

I think that you should try to contact the company that makes the GIS applications. The programmers there may be able to explain this. Other places to ask are NVIDIA and the programming forums here, where people might know more about the OpenGL DLL.

Somehow (maybe some other program installed it) you got an old version of the OpenGL32.DLL on your system.

Get an up-to-date version, or simply try to reinstall your GIS program as it may install the required version of the DLL.

(Its doesnt have anything to do with 16 or 32Bit. That version of the DLL simply lacks the “gdiswapbuffers” function)

Hope that helps,

Try updating to latest detonaters
it will work… Dosai