I see a DX conspiracy :o
Type: Posts; User: Ido Ilan
I see a DX conspiracy :o
I've recently found this: http://blog.icare3d.org/2010/06/fast-and-accurate-single-pass-buffer.html
Full source code that uses latest OpenGL 4 to implement A-Buffer efficiently (I get...
If I understood correctly you can:
1. Using OpenGL: You can use two "very near" clipping planes in opposite direction and use feedback to read only clipped vertices.
2. Use some tree...
1. You can create single large buffer and divide it between the cubes and use an offset in glxxxPtr, you can even use one large array for pos,color,tex and each attribute is an offset in the array....
If I remember correctly I think it an operating system bug, on windows 2000/vista/7 it works but on XP it doesn't.
Today GPUs are complex machine with both large and efficient pre and post transformation caches, using index arrays with optimized array indexing and positioning could lead to very high vertex...
1. You need to disable the binding if you want to use non buffer rendering by glBindBuffer(0)
2. You can create as many buffer as you like, each is used for a different cube, or create on...
glClear() is not affected by glViewPort().
I suggest you move the glClear() before the two viewports are rendered.
I will look into this.
Do you know of a complete sample?
Can anyone please share a sample implementation or code of the stencil routed k-buffer technique implemented in OpenGL and GLSL using the explicit_multisample extension.
Just a comment: A lot of updates recently from NVIDIA, nice to see all the updates and browse developer page (like few years back).
Reading the spec right now, seems nice. Presentation is well...
I wanted to update you for future reference:
I've implemented the PBO approach, no context sharing in the threads, one unmap, draw, map and another thread uploads. I'm only using one PBO...
Many thanks for the this great information yooyo. I will try it asap and let you all know how it works.
Thank you all for the help.
Yooyo - that exactly what I was telling dletozeun. I'm going to try it in the next few days(many tasks at once).
The weird stuff is even if I use PBO in the same...
I've divided the texture upload into several cycles. What I've noticed is that only when uploading small chunk(1/10 of the volume) every 50ms I get reasonable result (with 500ms delay)....
Are you using complex or large models?
Blending have an impact only when drawing a lot of pixels.
What exactly is the problem?
No texture?, no quad? empty display?
1. My current implementation don't use PBO.
2. I believe it is a sync problem but it occurs in the drivers as far as I can see.
3. If i wanted to use PBO for async transfer I must do it in...
Some weird info:
Using pbo in the second thread helps a bit. This pbo is mapped, loaded, unmapped and glTexsub(...,0) in the update thread but still give a little better results.
I will also try...
OK, I see.
You can still use vertex array with index array.
Just pass pIndexes to glDrawElements instead on null.
Also does CurMesh[i]->GetIndexCount() return the number of indexes or the...
No, but I've tried loading a smaller texture several time in the uploader thread with the same effect.
I can maybe try uploading the texture using several cycles, now it is updated every 300ms - I...
1. glBufferData don't know your type for normal, vertex, or index, You must pass the size of your array in bytes. if you have one normal (x,y,z) of type float, the size is sizeof(float) * 3....
While trying to improve our volume rendering quality and increase the rendering speed (specially on older GPUs) I have added a gradient texture (instead of computing it in the shader). The...
I also remember you need not create anything in the second context before sharing or it will fail.
I love OpenGL, I started working with DirectX (5-7) and quickly moved to OpenGL because I love Open Standard, loved the ARB discussion that were posted on the site, love the API.
I know "love" is a...