PDA

View Full Version : QT + GLUT NOT WORKING - help!!!

Astroy
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Im using OS X and QT. On my mac i can easily find GLUT.framework installed in my libraries, but when i try to use it in QT, it just throws me an error:

/Users/Astroy/ProjektiQT/RacunalniskaGrafika1-build-desktop-Desktop_Qt_4_8_1_for_GCC__Qt_SDK__Debug/../RacunalniskaGrafika1/main.cpp:3:
error: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory

and because of that also:
error: 'glutInit' was not declared in this scope

The program is simple:

#include <QtGui/QApplication>
#include "vaja1.h"
#include <GL/glut.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
glutInit(&argc, argv);
QApplication a(argc, argv);
Vaja1 w;
w.show();

return a.exec();
}

and the project:

#-------------------------------------------------
#
# Project created by QtCreator 2012-10-18T20:08:13
#
#-------------------------------------------------

QT += core gui opengl

TARGET = RacunalniskaGrafika1
TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp\
vaja1.cpp \
glwidget.cpp

HEADERS += vaja1.h \
glwidget.h

FORMS += vaja1.ui

LIBS += -lglut

so it should be working, i have done this trough a tutorial but... its just doesn't seem to work.... Help please!

Astroy
10-18-2012, 03:18 PM
ok also i get the error that it can not fint -lglut when i try to add the library, so where is the problem??

kRogue
10-21-2012, 10:13 AM
GLUT+Qt == asking for trouble. GLUT provides making a window, some UI stuff, it's own "event system" etc. The Qt SDK from Nokia(or I guess now Digia) does NOT include GLUT, nor should it (it looks like your environment is MS-Windows).

If you are already having Qt as a dependency, why would you want to use GLUT? The ritual for using GL on Qt is roughly:

Derive from QGLWidget
Optionally implement initializeGL() to perform one-time init that requires a GL context. This is done because in Qt, the GL context is not active (or even made actually) at constructor of QGLWidget.
Implement paintGL() to do your drawing
Implement various event handling functions: mousePressEvent, mouseReleaseEvent, mouseMoveEvent, keyPressEvent, keyReleaseEvent, etc. Optionally implement resizeGL to capture when your window changes sizes (reimplement resizeGL, NOT resizeEvent to make sure your GL context is current).