PDA

View Full Version : Problem in texturing

durgesh
04-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Hello everyone,

I am having a tough time while applying texture to some of my components in my 3D. Following is the detail of problem:

When i do glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);

It does apply the required texture, but at the same time, it also changes the color of all my components in my 3D space. What i am doing wrong??

Aleksandar
04-24-2011, 06:03 AM
When you want to apply textures, enable it.
When you don't want to apply them (pure colors, or materials) just disable them (glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D)). The concept is simple. :)
So, before drawing other not-textured objects just disable texturing and everything will be like before.

durgesh
04-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks Aleksandar, did the same thing and it is working fine now. By the way, does the same thing applies to GL_BLEND. Like when i enable the GL_BLEND, it is making everything as translucent.

Aleksandar
04-24-2011, 11:17 AM
By glEnable(GL_BLEND) you do enable blending, but achieving transparency is much harder task than texturing. You should set blending function and blending equation (glBlendFunc(), glBlendEquation()), as well as draw objects in back-to-front order. It could be challenging to reorder visible objects in each frame. There are several OIT techniques, like: Depth Peeling, Reverse Depth Peeling, Dual Depth Peeling, Stencil Routed A-Buffer, etc. But I guess those techniques are out of the scope of your question. :)