PDA

View Full Version : GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_DIMENSIONS_EXT warning?

crescojeff
04-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi all,
I'm quite new to pure OpenGL programming and actually this particular question comes from a cross-platform game SDK I'm using called ShiVa 3D which implements OpenGL... Whenever I open the ShiVa editor I see the warning "GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_DIMENSIONS_EXT", and unfortunately no one on the ShiVa forums seems to know what the cause might be. What does this message mean exactly? All my textures are power-of-two dimensions, and that's the only potential solution to this warning message that random googling has led me to...

thanks,
ccj

edit: some further experimentation shows that no single model in the environment appears to be the cause-- removing them one by one (twice, alternating which was removed last) didn't make any difference until they were all gone and the environment was empty except for a light source entity. Removing only the light source entity also stops the warning, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this... is there a problem with my light source entity or might there be some problem with any (or all?) the models it casts light on?

McLeary
04-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Framebuffer is used for offscreen rendering. This error occurs when checking for errors in a framebuffer. Probably when attaching some buffer or texture do the framebuffer that has dimension 0 or any other invalid value. You gonna need to look where from this error comming from since this has nothing to do with external textures.

Framebuffer Object (http://www.songho.ca/opengl/gl_fbo.html)

Alfonse Reinheart
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Probably when attaching some buffer or texture do the framebuffer that has dimension 0 or any other invalid value.

No, GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_DIMENSIONS_EXT happens when you're using a framebuffer object and the attached images do not have the same width/height. This is a limitation of the EXT version of FBO only; the ARB version doesn't have this limitation.

If this is associated with a light, then I'm guessing you're doing some form of shadow-mapping with that light (hence the need for the FBO)? If so, then either you or ShiVa are setting up the FBO incorrectly.