PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL programs not running

TooShyToTalk
05-11-2010, 06:41 PM
I have made a program written in c++ and it's not working on other pc. I have installed the program to different pc's. These PC have on-board video and my program is using OpenGL 2.0.

I'm confused because the program is running to some pc also with on-board video but different motherboard. These pc's may unable to run my OpenGL program but still able to run an OpenGL screensaver.

I have tried to run sample programs from the net but also not working.

My question is, how will I know if the board can't really support my program? Or maybe i'll be needing to do something more.

I hope somebody can help me out with this.
Thanks.

BionicBytes
05-13-2010, 07:11 AM
OpenGL is built from core + extensions. You can never assume some function is going to work unless u specifically check whether the driver supports your version and any extensions you may have used. I suggest you enumerate the gl version and all extensions when ur app first starts up and check that you have all the right extensions.

mhagain
05-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Check GL_VERSION. Check GL_EXTENSIONS. Check the addresses of your entry points. If a glGet is associated with an extension, call it and check that the value it gives you is valid. Use glGetError after each function call (in test builds) to confirm that your usage of OpenGL is correct.