PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA 190.18.04 drivers using geometry shaders

Jason Borden
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
I noticed the recent release of the nvidia beta drivers supporting opengl 3.2 (190.18.04) no longer says that geometry shaders had to be accessed through extensions when using opengl 3.2, so I thought I'd give them a try. I am having an issue with them however. When using glShaderSource to load the geometry source into the geometry shader object, it seems to cause my other shaders to stop working. I don't even need to compile or attach the geometry shader for it to cause this problem. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Jason Borden
08-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Perhaps I should rephrase my question a bit. Has anyone got geometry shaders to work with an opengl 3.2 context on nvidia hardware, not using extensions?

Brolingstanz
08-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Has anyone got geometry shaders to work with an opengl 3.2 context on nvidia hardware, not using extensions?

Yes.

Jason Borden
08-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Thank you for your response. Now that I know the problem doesn't exist in the driver, it must be my code.

Brolingstanz
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
- Be sure to use gl_in[] rather than gl_PositionIn[] and friends from the extension spec.
- Define your input/output sizes (e.g. layout(points) in; layout(triangle_strip, max_vertices = 4) out)

GLSL section of the quick ref card is awfully handy here...
http://www.khronos.org/files/opengl-quick-reference-card.pdf

Jason Borden
08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the hints. I got it all figured out. I was using more VBOs than I had allocated and as a side effect was causing me these issues. Got the tutorial posted up on the wiki if anyone's interested.