PDA

View Full Version : openscenegraph

rguru
07-14-2009, 09:24 PM
hai,
i am using openscenegraph for rendering .flt files.Using osgviewer i can walk thru .flt file. my model(.flt) is forest terrain.
my problem is, i am seeing white line between two trees.what may be the problem?
is it problem of visual database? i have a image showing the problem.i have marked the problem in red. Please help me to find out the solution.
Thanks in advance.

Link to the image
file (http://www.filedropper.com/pic_11)

Dark Photon
07-15-2009, 05:10 AM
Good grief, rguru! Is there any GL forum you "didn't" spam? Don't cross-post! Your post has nothing to do with OpenGL Shading Language, Linux, Math and Algorithms, etc. This question is either "Beginners" or "User Hardware, Software, & Gaming Help", depending on whether you're a GL developer or a GL user.

Now to your problem...

That's a standard alpha blending problem.

You're not drawing your alpha-blend geometry in a proper back-to-front ordering. Consequently, the alpha-blend region of the tree texture is blending with sky, ground, or some such -- whatever was behind it when you drew it, because it was drawn "before" some objects behind it.

Solution is to sort them properly, or use multisample alpha (aka screen-door transparency, aka alpha to coverage).

And finally, please do not cross-post. That kind of spam is annoying and discourages folks from wanting to help you. Find the most appropriate forum and post it once. Most of us read all the non-platform-specific forums anyway (e.g. I read everything but Windows and Mac).