PDA

View Full Version : IWATER FALL DISPLAY

NaveenKumarPuli
02-09-2009, 11:53 PM
I am new to OpenGL. I am on task of bring out a WaterFallDisplay.
My working environment is C++ && wxWidgets && OpenGl. Windows - XP is my Operating System. IDE is Visual Studio
Can any one give me suggestions and if any examples can post to my maid id.

Its very Urgent....

dorbie
02-11-2009, 08:11 PM
OpenGL is a rendering API, explain what you want to render.

You have suggested elsewhere that you want to update a waterfall display, and this seems to be some kind of display device.

Describe IN DETAIL what you want to render, what effect you are looking to *draw* in OpenGL, and you will have a much better chance of obtaining a useful reply here.

If you post more vague non specific information you will only experience additional delays.

NaveenKumarPuli
02-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Detail Description of my kind of work.
Operating System: Windows-XP. Language: C++. IDE=Visual Studio-2005(VC++), Using both wxWidgets 2.8.9 and OpenGl.
Data Recvied: Data is received from network at the rate of 1ms.
Display : I have to display the data in WaterFall Display Model.
WaterFall Display: If (0,0) is taken as on top left corner of the screen, First data will be displayed on the 0 row.
When Second data comes, it should be displayed on the Zero row and the previous data should be displayed in the 1st row. In this way, as the data comes I have display it on the top and the previous ones should be slided down.
So, This data should be shown in a scrollable manner and upto 3000 inputs and then scrolling down.
Till now i Have developed a screen by using wxFrame(1280x1024). On that a wxPanel(1000x700) is taken and thena wxGLCanvas(1000,700). and But from here i am not able to proceed.
Need of great help

Brolingstanz
02-18-2009, 07:59 PM
I would echo dorbie's suggestion that you be more specific and I repeat my recent request for additional background.

I for one am intrigued, truly.

NaveenKumarPuli
02-19-2009, 09:05 AM
What kind of addtional background u need. if you specify i will give u more info

Thank u