PDA

View Full Version : Texture Mapping

Panayiotis
12-30-2007, 06:27 AM
Hi,

I have one Solar System program which is compile and run perfect. Now I copy some code from it to put into my program (code for texture mapping) and for unknown reason is finds me 2 errors

Error 1 'fopen' was declared deprecated

Error 2 'auxDIBImageLoadW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR'

sqrt[-1]
12-30-2007, 07:18 AM
These are not OpenGL problems, but compiler issues.

fopen' was declared deprecated is caused by Microsoft's new compiler security warnings.

'auxDIBImageLoadW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR' occurs when you are supplying a standard character string when using the wide character (unicode?) compile mode.

I suggest you ask on a C++ forum for more help.

HenriH
12-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Althought this is not an OpenGL related question, I will answer it.

----------------------------

You are probably using Visual Studio 2005 or 2008. You problems can be solved by altering project settings.

"Error 1 'fopen' was declared deprecated"

This can be solved by two ways:
1) From the menu, choose Project->Properties. Select "C/C++" from the left. Select "Advanced". Type "4996" in the "Disable Specific Warnings" property.

2) The other way is using "#pragma warning(disable : 4996)" before including <stdio.h>.

"Error 2 'auxDIBImageLoadW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR'"

LPCWSTR is a Windows API type and you are probably using Unicode version of the Windows API. From the Project properties, select "General" and set "Character set" property to "Not set".

---------

Next time, please ask from C++ forums as this is not OpenGL related. One good place to ask C++ / Windows related questions is http://www.codeproject.com

HenriH
12-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Oh, and yet another thing is of course to use "fopen_s" instead of fopen. Be aware that fopen_s is a Microsoft specific and not portable.