PDA

View Full Version : glslang on geforce3?

supagu
04-19-2004, 03:00 AM
i have a geforce 3, shader version 1.1
but none of the glslang demos i run seem to work,
does glslang only suppor shader 2.0 model and above or what?

if any one has a link to a tutorial or reference on getting glslang up and working (code wise of course) on geforce 3, i would be a happy man :)

thanks

PanzerSchreck
04-19-2004, 04:07 AM
glSlang is VS/PS2.0+, so your GF3 won't do the job. You can however use (at least on a GF4) NV-Emulate to emulate a GeForceFX and then use glslang, but that would be painfully slow (1 or 2 FPS for a small FS). If you want NVEmulate, you'll have to be a registered NV-Developer and you'll also need a newer driver to use it (and the according "registry-hack" to make glslang available).

spasi
04-19-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by supagu:
does glslang only suppor shader 2.0 model and above or what?It's only nvidia that doesn't support <2.0 shaders, at least it didn't last time I checked. Should work ok when they officially release the 6x.xx drivers. Of course, only vertex shaders will be supported.

Note: I haven't yet tested the leaked 60.72 drivers on preFX hardware.

yooyo
04-19-2004, 08:59 AM
All you can do is nvparse. With this lib you can easly setup combiners for "something like FP". Combiners are still faster than FP.

yooyo

JD
04-19-2004, 12:49 PM
You can also try CG hlsl but you'll be limited instruction wise and need to watch out if you're not over the limit. Glsl is for fragment/vertex programs which only nv gffx and ati 9600 and up cards support. Not sure what the deal is with arb vertex program on gf3/4. Probably hw accel. but nv ext docs don't say so.

jra101
04-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Yes, ARB_vertex_program is hardware accelerated on GeForce3/4 GPU's.

GLSL will be supported on GeForce3/4 GPU's, but only for vertex shaders.