PDA

View Full Version : Mac support of GLSL?

SiW
02-16-2004, 07:03 AM
Are there any current OS X drivers implementing GLSL (from any card vendor)?

SiW
02-16-2004, 07:04 AM
Heh, I managed to typo "HLSL" twice. I'm asking about availability of HLSL implementations, whether Cg or glslang or custom, on OS X.

OneSadCookie
02-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Some mod should probably move this to the Mac forum...

Apple is apparently waiting on the vendors for ARB_shading_language implementations.

ARB_vertex_program and ARB_fragment_program code produced by Cg should work fine on Mac OS X; whether you can get Cg to work is a different question. Try the NVidia Linux SDK -- last I checked it had some code conditionalized for the Mac.

vmh5
02-23-2004, 08:31 AM
In my experience:

arb_vertex / fragment code produced by Cg works fine on OSX. A simple parse of Cg generated file gives you the needed register indexes for passing values.

trying to use any of linux-Cg stuff on Mac is a dead-end. With the possible exception of cgc... but why bother.

simongreen
02-25-2004, 11:14 AM
The new Cg 1.2 release supports MacOS X: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit.html

We will have full GLSL support shortly.

-S.

Originally posted by vmh5:
In my experience:

arb_vertex / fragment code produced by Cg works fine on OSX. A simple parse of Cg generated file gives you the needed register indexes for passing values.

trying to use any of linux-Cg stuff on Mac is a dead-end. With the possible exception of cgc... but why bother.

Sandline
06-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Has any more information been released about GLSL on Apple?

OneSadCookie
06-08-2004, 03:04 PM
10.3.4 exposes the ARB_shader_objects, ARB_vertex_shader and ARB_fragment_shader extensions, but not ARB_shading_language_100. So, obviously work is being done, but it's not ready yet.