PDA

View Full Version : GLEW 'bug' in glslang extensions

Ffelagund
02-29-2004, 04:21 AM
This only affects to cards that having fragment/vertex_shader extensions, haven't fragment/vertex_program.
GLEW open this funcion pointers (glVertexAttribPointerARB, glEnableVertexAttribArrayARB and glBindAttribLocationARB) in the vp/fp_program extensions, so if your card havent these extensions (as 3DLabs WildCat VP cards), you will get an error for null function pointer if you try to use it.

kingjosh
03-01-2004, 10:28 AM
I am not exactly sure what you are saying here? Do you have a code sample or something that shows this?

Axel Mamode
03-01-2004, 10:49 AM
I think he is saying that the entrypoints that are shared between the extensions ARB_vertex_shader and ARB_vertex_program (e.g. glVertexAttrib4f) are not supplied by glew if ARB_vertex_program is not present but ARB_vertex_shader is.
Essentially, both extensions describe the same entrypoints, but glew gets them from ARB_vertex_program only.

Ffelagund
03-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Yes, this is what happens exactly. This entry points are only in GL_ARB_vertex_program, but aren't in GL_ARB_vertex_shader.

Sorry for my bad english please http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif