PDA

View Full Version : 3d image, anyone can give me a hand

dongbula
05-24-2004, 04:54 AM
i want to draw a 3d image .

i got a array, like, rho[x,y,z], representing a probability of a substance in a space.

0<rho<1,

i want to visualize the distribution of the substance in 3d

thanks a lot

paintor
05-24-2004, 06:13 AM
Hi,

sounds like a volume rendering problem to me. there has been a lot of recent work (including people using opengl) regarding volume rendering in hardware using texture mapping. I suggest you begin by searching for hardware assisted volume rendering, or hardware accelerated volume rendering.

There are some sepcific papers and examples on the internet, which i will be happy to point u in the direction of, but firstly you should probably get a feel for the subject area and see if it suits what you want to do!

dongbula
05-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Paintor

Thank you

I have read some paper in the net. I found the volume rendering is what i want.

Here, I give the details of my question.

In a box, there are three kind of substance. The color on each site is set to the most probability substance.

for exampple, the color=substance1*16*16*16+substance2*16*16+substan ce3

i use the fortran language. so could you tell me some code or the free software.

thank you!

paintor
05-25-2004, 12:16 AM
hi, i dont program in fortran personally. im not sure what you can and cant do with fortran to be honest. To see the basic prinicples, check SGI Advanced Rendering (http://www.sgi.com/software/opengl/advanced97/notes/node1.html) out, (chapter 13) this is sort of specific to openGL. It might be a good idea to decide to do the rendering in C with something like openGL and get the fortran to generate the volume as a texture for later rendering. Odviously im not sure if doing a renderer in fortran is possible so forgive me!.