PDA

View Full Version : Rendering offscreen using RGBA

jason_shaffer
04-04-2001, 06:11 AM
I'm trying to initialize an offscreen rendering context using an RGBA pixel format, and I have had no success. However, I've been successful rendering offscreen with a color index pixel format. Is it possible to create an offscreen rendering context using aglSetOffScreen() that stores pixel information in RGBA format? Thanks.

BANE
04-10-2001, 12:28 AM
Did you check Apple OpenGL examples ?? They contain examples on out to set up OpenGL for offscreen rendering. As far as I know RGBA is the default pixel format for the pixel in OpenGL. There is an extension to get a pixel format of ABGR but I have not seen that used a lot.

Dan.

jason_shaffer
04-10-2001, 05:14 AM
Yes, I tried everything I could think of and the only success I had rendering offscreen was with color index mode. I've since been able to solve my problem using a different approach, but I would still be interested if anyone has had success rendering offscreen with aglSetOffScreen in RGBA mode.

Jason

Originally posted by BANE:
Did you check Apple OpenGL examples ?? They contain examples on out to set up OpenGL for offscreen rendering. As far as I know RGBA is the default pixel format for the pixel in OpenGL. There is an extension to get a pixel format of ABGR but I have not seen that used a lot.

Dan.