PDA

View Full Version : Strange DRI problem

OldMan
01-05-2002, 01:14 AM
I have a program that works perfectly without DRI. When I enable DRI.. (and I enable it correctly since all the demos work and very fast) the program simply doesn`t show anything in the screen. I tried to debug.. and discovered it just stop as soon it reaches any gluPerspective() call.

Any Idea? I already spent two weeks on this problem.. and I found nothing wrong with the code (since it works with non DRI and in windows too)

01-05-2002, 01:56 AM
Sounds strange... perhaps a mismatch between the library and the header? It could also be a corrupt file, have you tried to reinstall GLU?

zerodeux
01-05-2002, 08:00 AM
What do you mean by 'it stops' ? Crash ? Block on a function call ? Exit properly ?

OldMan
01-06-2002, 02:55 AM
That is the most strange thing.. it just stops. No error messages, no crash, the window still there.. but the program doesn`t go further. A printf before the call is printed... a printf After the call is never called.

If I try to debug it.. when the line is reached and I ask for the next line... it just stays there... and do not advance.

zerodeux
01-06-2002, 06:30 AM
What is the instruction stopping the program ? What is the state of your process (use 'ps x' and report the letter in the STAT column) when it is blocked ?

jide
01-07-2002, 10:45 PM
i don't know, but that's maybe a pointer problem: i had a similary problem while using voodoo2 with ATI. But the stop wasn't on gluPerspective() but in initialization.

jide
01-08-2002, 04:51 AM
mmh...

i forgot:

I hope you haven't got a Nvidia card ?
if you get one, just forget DRI; it won't work !

ps: that's just the case where...

JD

OldMan
01-08-2002, 10:48 AM
I have a NVIDIA in one computer and a radeon at other. The problem is with the radeon

jide
01-09-2002, 03:55 AM
any other similary calls to gluPerspective() do the same thing (gluLookAt, glFrustum()...) ?