PDA

View Full Version : GL_LINE_SMOOTH on my laptop

Xiaofeng
10-31-2003, 10:42 PM
I want to smoothen the line display in a OpenGL program built on my laptop (Windows 2000). However it doesn't work using glEnable(GL_LINE_SMOOTH). I believe it is due to the poor video card and the poor graphics driver, because the same executable shows smoothened lines correctly on another machine (Windows XP though).

So I want to have a opengl32.dll which is device independent - a software-based version or anything else. Could you help?

Thanks

dorbie
11-01-2003, 02:04 AM
Smoothline generates alpha fragments, nothing else. The key to getting aa lines working is to multiply the source color by the alpha fragments representing the aa weights/coverage.

So, try glBlengFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SOURCE_ALPHA); and glEnable(GL_BLEND);

Xiaofeng
11-01-2003, 07:46 AM
It works! Thank you! But I don't understand why the previous version(without blending) worked on XP. Hmm...just because that opengl implementation is wrong?

Originally posted by dorbie:
Smoothline generates alpha fragments, nothing else. The key to getting aa lines working is to multiply the source color by the alpha fragments representing the aa weights/coverage.

So, try glBlengFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SOURCE_ALPHA); and glEnable(GL_BLEND);

azazello
11-01-2003, 10:57 AM
>> software-based version
just in case - Mesa - http://www.mesa3d.org