PDA

View Full Version : UnAccelerated on NT

Trotsky
08-17-2000, 11:19 AM
Hi,
My question is: What can cause a program to never get an accelerated rendering context on NT. I have a program that seems to follow the normal route for OpenGL setup, but I can't seem to get an accelerated rendering context on NT. It works fine on 9x and other operation systems. And I can't post code because it is spread out over a hundred different places and there is some sensitive code wrapped up in it.
Thanks
Trotsky

Kilam Malik
08-17-2000, 09:29 PM
Does your drivers have hardware acceleration on NT?

Trotsky
08-18-2000, 01:32 AM
yep.

Kilam Malik
08-18-2000, 02:51 AM
Maybe it helps if you set the dwFlags in the pixelformatdescriptor to PFD_GENERIC_ACCELERATED.

I remember, that the original openGL screen saver in NT weren't accelerated on my machine (TNT). But I never had a problem with with my gl-apps. Maybe it helps looking at their source (MSDN-Doku).

Kilam.

Trotsky
08-18-2000, 03:24 PM
Could you post the initalization code that you use? Only the stuff that pertains to OpenGL. You know the CreateWindow and pixelformat stuff?
Thanks.

Kilam Malik
08-20-2000, 10:15 PM
Here it is:

void OpenGLPane::Init()
// Constructing rendering context and defining pixel format.
{
PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR pfd={
sizeof(PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR),
PFD_DRAW_TO_WINDOW |
PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL |
PFD_DOUBLEBUFFER,
PFD_TYPE_RGBA,
PFD_MAIN_PLANE,
};

valid_draw=false;

hDC = GetDC((HWND)*this);
hPalette = NULL;

int pixelFormat = ChoosePixelFormat(hDC,&pfd);
BOOL success = SetPixelFormat(hDC,pixelFormat,&pfd);

hglrc = wglCreateContext(hDC);

show();
}

Kilam.

Trotsky
08-20-2000, 11:04 PM
Well the only thing I can see different is that you use 32 bits for the depthbuffer and I'm using 16? Now the question is: Could that cause the ChoosePixelFormat func to get an unaccelerated rendering context.
The card that I'm using is a GeForce(2) Card.
I think they support 32 bit depthbuffers but I'm not sure.
-Trotsky