PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Monitors and EXT_framebuffer_object

tagger
10-25-2005, 01:02 PM
I wrote software that uses EXT_framebuffer_object to do some offscreen rendering. I am using GLEW to access the extensions, and glewinfo to list them. When one monitor is connected (either the built in screen on my laptop or only the external screen), GL_EXT_framebuffer_object is reported as "OK" and my software runs fine.

When a second monitor is connected (so I'm using both the external monitor and the built-in), glewinfo lists GL_EXT_framebuffer_object as "Missing" and my software crashes when trying to call glGenFramebuffers() [as would be expected]

The system is a brand new Alienware laptop with a GeForce 6800 Go Ultra card. Alienware uses some custom drivers, could this be the cause or am I just out of luck with any laptop? Is it worth my time to fall back to pBuffers instead of FBO's?

Thanks to anyone with some insight.

dimensionX
10-26-2005, 07:52 AM
When you connect the 2nd monitor, by default the display setting is set to DualView change it to Horizontal Span mode and try.

tagger
10-26-2005, 10:13 AM
For some reason, span mode is not an option. All I have is DualView, Clone and Single. I'm guessing this is a "feature" of the mobile card or driver.

JeffJ
11-04-2005, 07:37 AM
What is your driver version number?